► NickDlow’s Showroom - 2013 Kia Optima SXL - Page 4
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ► NickDlow’s Showroom - 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post

Hey Nick. Cant wait to see the new wheels on. The ideal fitment for a 13 model is +35 but if the +40 is a touch too tucked for you, you can always buy 5mm spacers easily enough. As for the downpipe, if you haven't bought it it, I'd skip on the CPE. Its a bitch to install and without a tune, you lose a little low end because of the design. I'd recommend this in its place.: https://www.turbokits.com/Kia/Optima...ith_Flex/2277/

Also, which mid pipe you going with... the ark? Just FYI on the Ark exhaust (good one btw), you need shorter exhaust hangers for the back. You can easily pick these up at every auto parts store.
    Hey bro sorry I never saw this post for some reason till just now. So my wheels should be good right?

As for the downpipe, it’s back ordered so I’m waiting but I did purchase it. I do plan on getting the LAP3 tune so David from K5OS told me the mid pipes mess something up and it not a good idea.

That other downpipe would save me a couple buck but how’s the quality? Is that what you have, is there a difference between the two?

Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDlow View Post
    That’s my last install this round. Besides getting the wheels on
    You definitely should take pics of it with the ARK coils and the wheels, whenever yours arrive. They're supposed to send my wheels within 2 weeks. I hope to get the ARK coils from DJcuetip around that same time.
    '13 Remington Red Kia Optima SX (sold)
    '19 Ceramic Silver Kia Stinger GT1
    '18 Titanium Silver Kia Sorento EX V6
    '99 Ficus Green Pearl Honda Prelude Type SH

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDlow View Post
    Hey bro sorry I never saw this post for some reason till just now. So my wheels should be good right?

As for the downpipe, it’s back ordered so I’m waiting but I did purchase it. I do plan on getting the LAP3 tune so David from K5OS told me the mid pipes mess something up and it not a good idea.

That other downpipe would save me a couple buck but how’s the quality? Is that what you have, is there a difference between the two?

Thanks for the help
    Hey Nick. That other downpipe is just fine. ATP makes lots of parts. I think K5OS can get it for you as well if you prefer ordering from them versus the other place. Its a lot easier to install too and wont lose low end like the CPE (w/o tune).

As for your wheels, you are fine, they'll fit. A +40 offset will have each wheel sit 5mm close to the engine. If looking at them, you want them to poke out more, simply buy a 5mm spacer for each. Have fun!
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

5. The Following User Says Kudos to JasonS For This Useful Post:

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Sooooo it’s been a little while since I’ve posted on here but I ran into a few hiccups with the wheels. I was getting them put on but one of them were the wrong bolt pattern.

The customer service I received was HORRENDOUS!! I ordered through discountedwheelwarehouse.com. The return took over two months because the never processed my return. Even after I called twice they still never processed it. But it finally came in the other day and went straight to the basement because it’s now winter.

I also decided to hold off on the coilover install as well but I think I will be doing it soon. They’re adjustable so I think I’ll keep them at the max height till spring time.

The downpipe is here as well but holding off on that install for now as well. I’ll probably get that on when I take my car in for the coilover install.

Also bought some black CF badges that I put on.

In other news I just made a FB account (I’m anti FB) and joined some of the groups on there for our cars. One of the groups is a raffle page. I entered in a couple and won!!

One of them was for a Seibon CF hood and the other was for a LAP3 tune, not the chip but the legit tune!! Those two items are probably in the $1,500 range. I won theM both for under $200 so I fucking scored big time!

I haven’t had a chance to drive with the tune much because my car need some work done on something in the front end, I’m getting some noise. But I did take it for a quick spin because I couldn’t resist and WOW. I’ll get a better feel for it after next week when my car is 100% but that quick ride already showed me some power.

Here are some pics. I know she’s dirty af but whatever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Kudos to NickDlow For This Useful Post:

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Wow, scoring that Lap3 tune (and other goodies) is no joke!
    '13 Remington Red Kia Optima SX (sold)
    '19 Ceramic Silver Kia Stinger GT1
    '18 Titanium Silver Kia Sorento EX V6
    '99 Ficus Green Pearl Honda Prelude Type SH

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Wow, scoring that Lap3 tune (and other goodies) is no joke!
    Yes sir! Yo if you’re on fb join the K5 Optima Nation. Good ppl there. Also they’re setting up a meet for import alliance in ATL in March. It be cool to meet up down there bro.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234