► JDMFreshRandall's Showroom
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ► JDMFreshRandall's Showroom

06/2016 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX

► JDMFreshRandall's Showroom [06/2016 ROTM]

When I bought the Optima I was not planning on modding. I had just got rid of my modded BMW 335i, and before that I had a modded Subaru WRX.I was just looking for a nice looking car with a good warranty that I could daily and then I was going to buy a project car on the side. But I have always modded cars with more performance in mind and have always wanted to put air suspension on a car, so I decided I would so some basic mods before starting a new project.I am Co-Owner of Freshop Cars, (Formerly JDM Fresh). We sell JDM Air fresheners. Since then we have branched out to parts, and now a vape shop, Freshop Vape. We are set up booths at many car shows and travel to California and Las Vegas for some shows. So hopefully I'll see some of you around.Also part Owner of Car Street Journal. Online Automotive Media site.
    Current Picture (4/11/16)

Current Mod List(As Of 07/11/16)

Outside Appearance
    15% Tint Front 5% Rest of Car
    K Badges Front, Rear, Steering Wheel
    ExLED Clear Corner and Switchback LED Panel
    Square/Round Angel Eyes
    Morimoto 6500k HID Kit
    LED Fog Bulbs
    LED Switchback Front Turn Signals
    LED Reverse Light
    AllFit Front Lip
    Weathertech Window Visors
    Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
    Optima Hybrid LED Tail Lights
    ABS Side Skirt Extensions
    Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
    Polished Quad Exhaust Tips

Interior
    Hardwood Trunk FloorTrunk Beauty Board
    Remote Controlled RGB LED Lighting in Trunk
    New Faces Shift Knob
    LED Interior Lights

Wheels & Suspension
    Avant Garde M540 18x8 +35 Front 225/40/18 18x9 +35 (+40 with 5mm spacer) Rear 225/40/18
    Universal Air Supply Air Bags over K-sport Coilovers
    Dual Viair Compressors and 5Gal Tank
    AVS 7 Switch Electronic Switch Box
    Slam Electronic Air Manifold

Engine Bay
    Injen Cold Air Intake
    Blue Dress Up Bolts
    Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
    Powder coated Technica Strut Bar
    Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Radiator Cap
    Sickspeed Carbon Fiber Oil Cap

My Subaru

My BMW

The night I brought the Optima home

Purchased all the components I need for the air suspension. Now just working on design before I start install.Quick mock up with tank and compressors.

I need to actually mount them to the board and trim to fit now. I decided to go vertical because of the way I wanted to break up the boards so i can still get to spare. I going to mount the top piece to car and that's where tank and compressors will be. the other two will be removable to access spare. I'm trying to line up the center cut with a board seam. to make it as unnoticeable as possible. (dont worry, made a new floor from plywood so it is even for laminate mounting)

Last edited by FreshopRandall; 07-11-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    My Showroom - Added these cool switches that makes the car lower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX w/Premium Technology pkg
    What is the reason everyone uses wood to mount the gear?

Year
    Make
    Duh
    Model
    EX
    Trim
    Close shaven
    Good luck. Do JDM air fresheners smell different than KDM air fresheners?
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods but then I found out most people die of natural causes

https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/49...-showroom.html

5. The Following User Says Kudos to Optimaniac For This Useful Post:

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimaniac View Post
    Good luck. Do JDM air fresheners smell different than KDM air fresheners?
    LOL, can't wait to see the progress of your build. Good luck OP.
    BlueSXTurbo's Showroom
    2011 Kia Optima SX T-GDI

06/2016 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbayoo View Post
    What is the reason everyone uses wood to mount the gear?
    No particular reason. Many people do carpet, I like the wood look. One of my buddies tiled his trunk with marble tiles. Since usually you have to build a new floor, its easy to try and change it up.

OptimaForums Veteran Triple-K.Hybrid's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima HYBRID
    Trim
    Personalized ^_^V
    Looking good looking good cars you owned were blue, just wondering why you didnt get the blue optima? so how many power that subaru got? i have a 2015 wrx.. Nice cars by the way

Visit My 2012 BAGGED HYBRID's Showroom
    Check out my UNDERNEATH Lights VIDEO here https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/49...owroom-36.html
    Rear Seat Removal DIY https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/49...owroom-32.html

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Very nice start to your showroom.

I also came from BMW and had a 335 myself as well as an E93 M3. Love those cars.

I'm surprised to see you jumping right into air suspension. Most members will start off with a bunch of smaller mods first and work their way up there.

Sounds like you know exactly what you want, can't blame a guy for knowing what he wants right?

06/2016 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple-K.Hybrid View Post
    Looking good looking good cars you owned were blue, just wondering why you didnt get the blue optima? so how many power that subaru got? i have a 2015 wrx.. Nice cars by the way
    Every car I have ever owned has been blue. I figured it was tie for a change and really liked the pearl white. I was around 375whp in the wrx. The new ones are making so much power with stock turbo. Im jealous. I even thought about getting one again.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    Very nice start to your showroom.

I also came from BMW and had a 335 myself as well as an E93 M3. Love those cars.

I'm surprised to see you jumping right into air suspension. Most members will start off with a bunch of smaller mods first and work their way up there.

Sounds like you know exactly what you want, can't blame a guy for knowing what he wants right?
    I really liked the 335i even with as many problems as i had with mine. If i wouldve bought a certified pre owned i would probably still have it. After modding so many cars I don't really wait anymore lol. Just get a vision and start going after it. Only problem im having with this car is that im very limited on exterior modification options.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMFreshRandall View Post
    Every car I have ever owned has been blue. I figured it was tie for a change and really liked the pearl white. I was around 375whp in the wrx. The new ones are making so much power with stock turbo. Im jealous. I even thought about getting one again.
    Wanna know what's funny about that. My first car was a 1990 50 Mustang I bought in 1999. It as white, and over the years as part of the build process, I ended up painting it blue.

Now fast forward to my 2012 Optima I had, it was also white. So when I traded it in to get the K900, I naturally wanted blue instead of white again. However they didn't make the K900 in blue at the time, so I ended up a wrapping it in Daytona Blue Arlon wrap. So it's funny because now 2 of the 3 cars I own are blue but started off white.

I really liked the 335i even with as many problems as i had with mine. If i wouldve bought a certified pre owned i would probably still have it. After modding so many cars I don't really wait anymore lol. Just get a vision and start going after it.
    Sucks you ran into issues. I had a few small ones like the high pressure fuel pump going out. All in all I loved it though, had the JB3 on it as a piggyback and I was flying. Naturally after trading it in for the M3 I got that one in blue.

Only problem im having with this car is that im very limited on exterior modification options.
    Really?? Have you been on our site yet? lol

What are you looking for? Even if not listed on our site, we can usually order most any parts made for the Optima.

06/2016 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    Wanna know what's funny about that. My first car was a 1990 50 Mustang I bought in 1999. It as white, and over the years as part of the build process, I ended up painting it blue.

Now fast forward to my 2012 Optima I had, it was also white. So when I traded it in to get the K900, I naturally wanted blue instead of white again. However they didn't make the K900 in blue at the time, so I ended up a wrapping it in Daytona Blue Arlon wrap. So it's funny because now 2 of the 3 cars I own are blue but started off white.

Sucks you ran into issues. I had a few small ones like the high pressure fuel pump going out. All in all I loved it though, had the JB3 on it as a piggyback and I was flying. Naturally after trading it in for the M3 I got that one in blue.

Really?? Have you been on our site yet? lol

What are you looking for? Even if not listed on our site, we can usually order most any parts made for the Optima.
    Mainly a front lip. And an aftermarket side skirt. I can always do the side skirt extensions but would prefer something that flowed with the body lines. I did see your diffuser so i have that in mind down the line. but I am not the biggest carbon fiber fan, especially in AZ.

14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast