New Owner North Carolina, 2011 EX
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner North Carolina, 2011 EX

Riding Lawn Mower

New Owner North Carolina, 2011 EX

I'm Dave Harris and have a 2 month old 2011 SNW EX with about 1K miles and love the car! In fact, traded my 07 Lexus for it and do not miss the Lexus at all. I'm located in Mooresville, just north of Charlotte and my dealer Keffer Kia is great; I've purchased two used cars from them in two years; this is my first new one.

I'm still learning the vehicle; and love all the options; mine has the premium and tech packages, heated steering wheel, etc, and the quality has wowed me.

Two issues I've wondered about: the first is minor; the Homelink buttons do not light up as I've read on here and per my dealer; so I placed a small piece of black velcro under the button to 'feel' it at night. Does anyone think there would be a way to wire it to light up?

The second issue I've just noticed with colder weather: when you start the car, cold air immediately blows inside if the climate control is on; every other car I've had the air is off until the engine temp is warmer. My dealer says this is normal; but, is it? Any ideas if there is a way to delay it until warmed like most cars? Right now, I try to remember to turn off the heat system as soon as I start the car; and wait a few minutes for it to get warm; kind of frustrating!

Thanks for all the great info I'm learning on this site, and, what a great group of happy owners; I agree this is one heck of a car in all ways!

Dave Harris
    Mooresville, Nc

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Hi Dave and welcome to the forums!

Riding Lawn Mower
    Quote Originally Posted by robbtemp View Post
    Hi Dave and welcome to the forums!
    Hi back and thank you! Great, great forum. But, I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to post a new thread or question; so used the new member into page...would you mind educating me on what I am missing on the website to post questions? My status does say I can post new items; just can't figure out how...My other car's forum has a clear method for posting; confused here!
    thanks again!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

It's good to see another NC driver on here! They are very few to come by.
    I def wanna get a meet and greet together sometime this summer! I'm from Durham.

And for the air blowing in, ive never had this function before. I may be confused to what you are talking about but I normally dont start the air until i know the air is going to be warm. None of the cars Ive owned previously have delayed air flow until its warm enough (then again this is my first brand new nice car). lol

As far as your question there should be a button in the top left part of the forum section you are wanting to post in that says "New Thread".
    Last edited by pwice; 12-07-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport

Riding Lawn Mower GreatWhiteShark1972's Avatar
    Hi Dave!
    2012 Optima SX Spicy Red Premium Package (w/out NAV)
    Tinted 80% up front / 5% back and rear windows
    Weather Tech In-Channel Smoked Vent Shades
    K&N Filter
    Clear bra

Riding Lawn Mower
    hey, thanks fellow NC owner! love the car, and agree not many on the road here. living at Lake Norman, we do have a great dealer here ( Keffer Kia), so I see lots of Kias; just not many of the new EX/SX...saw one on the highway the other day which was a SWP twin of mine; we both were checking each other out for several miles...was great to see 'my' car from another car's viewpoint ( it looked great!)
    dave h.

Riding Lawn Mower
    I know I'm bringing up an old post, but I gotta say hey to Dave, lol. I just bought an Optima from Keffer last week, and they ARE great to deal with. I live over in China Grove, we may have to get together sometime.

Riding Lawn Mower
    hi back, and welcome; great looking car! Keffer has always been great to deal with. I have bought 4 cars from them and pleased with each one. recycled two of them back through Keffer for the new Optima in Sept., and a low mileage Toyota 'vert last month...good service department; Justin S. is terrific service advisor and so is the mgrs. Karri or Steve...who was your salesperson?
    Dave H.
    Mooresville, NC
    2011 EX Snow White
    premium package, tech package
    love this car!

Welcome to forum Dave, congratulations on your purchase.
    2011 Pearl White SX
    Enkei Lusso 18"
    K&N Air Filter
    K&N Breather
    1967 Camaro SS Convertible
    2010 Ford Flex Twin Turbo

Welcome to the Family....

2012 Kia Optima SX (Spicy Red) Premium package-build date 10/14/2011
    2012 Kia Forte Koup SX, (Racing Red) - build date Feb 2012
    2010 Chevy Traverse (Silver) (Traded for Forte Koup)
    2009 Pontiac G8 (Trade it for the Optima)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast