Dr Rambo's Driver
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: Dr Rambo's Driver

Dr Rambo's Driver

Hey all, Dave here. Driver of Dr Rambo's 2013 Optima Hybrid EX.
    Mostly loving it, exept the default ECO mode which IMHO makes the car borderline dangerous to drive.
    Starting to need to do some wrenching on the beast ,so here I am.
    Looking forward to chatting with the Kia Brainiacs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

BTW I'm here in NorCal. Concord to be exact.

Year
    Make
    Hyundai
    Model
    Sonata
    Trim
    Limited 2.0T
    Welcome to the forums! lots of info here i am sure using the search bar you'll find what your looking for.
    2019 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T: Blacked Chrome: Debadged Emblems: HKS SQV BOV: Yellow DRL: AEM Cold Air Intake

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by day004 View Post
    ...exept the default ECO mode which IMHO makes the car borderline dangerous to drive.
    I'm sorry, but that is such a preposterous statement to the point that it's borderline laughable. Yes you did preface your comment by saying that it's your opinion--what about it makes it so borderline dangerous to drive? I use ECO mode on my commute (90% surface streets) and it has not made it *borderline* dangerous for me to drive to/from work.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Welcome to the forum community Dave!

Glad to have you with us here.

Hope to see you around the site.

-David

Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is such a preposterous statement to the point that it's borderline laughable. Yes you did preface your comment by saying that it's your opinion--what about it makes it so borderline dangerous to drive? I use ECO mode on my commute (90% surface streets) and it has not made it *borderline* dangerous for me to drive to/from work.
    I feel that the extremely soft throttle response makes it unnerving to try to make a left turn across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic in order to get going. For me that is "Turn 1" on my commute. Additionally I ride a 150HP motorcycle that does 0-60 in about 3 seconds so my calibration on acceleration may be on a different setting than yours.
    I usually just turn ECO mode off while in town and reset it once on the freeway.

Also I just noted that tonester is driving Turbo GDI while I'm piloting a Hybrid.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by day004 View Post
    Also I just noted that tonester is driving Turbo GDI while I'm piloting a Hybrid.
    Ah, fair point--I'm not at all familiar with the throttle response on a Optima Hybrid, and definitely not when it's driven in ECO mode.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements