Kia Optima Forums banner

New member 2019 Kia Optima

Tags
2019 optima
873 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mooney201 
#1 ·
Hello;

Bought a 2019 Optima LX for the wife in January. It now has 614 miles on odometer. So far so good. She did have a problem yesterday. She started to get out of the car and the alarm went off. She tried to start the engine, and it would not start. A lady came up to her and told her to lock then unlock the door with her keyfob. She did and alarm stopped. ????

#4 ·
Welcome to the Optima Forums!

Congrats on getting the 2019 Optima for your wife.

That does sound strange, and it might have been the panic button pressed by mistake.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again though, and if it does, I would take it to the dealer.

Hope to see you around the forum!

-David

#7 ·
There is just the two of us, and we have five vehicles. We have a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and use it the most due to it is user friendly for our dog. The day we purchase our Kia, as I was leaving the dealership, I stepped to hard on the brake and our dog went flying into the hole between the back seats and the front seats. We had put the back seats down so he could have more room in the back, but with the back seats down, there is a large gap in which he fell into.
Our dog rides with me in the pickup or the Jeep, while my wife uses her Kia to go shopping.

#9 ·
mooney201--oooohhh, I presume your dog came out of that mishap unscathed, if not a bit startled? In any case thanks for explaining the low miles on your Kia--makes complete sense. Yeah when my Yukon Denali was my near-daily driver I would easily put almost 15K miles/year but in the last few years it's been accumulating barely 5K miles/year...unlike my Optima where I have put 16K miles on it over the last 365 days alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.