New to the Scene, you know what I mean?
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: New to the Scene, you know what I mean?

Model
    2011 Optima SX

New to the Scene, you know what I mean?

Hey all, just picked up a 2011 SX in really nice shape. 116k miles, pulls smooth and was well taken care of. Ill get a pick up soon here, its getting some work done on it as we speak.

From Wisconsin, nick name is Funky Fresh Coolio McChickensworth. Or Bob.

Looking forward to doing some more research on tuning, and getting more parts ordered. Just my daily driver, want to make it a little faster though. So far got the intake in, had tinted windows (Black ext), hooked up an Excellon amp with a 10" L7 ported for a little extra bass, and new K emblems on the way.

Next will likely be Lap3 or similar, the HKS plugs, Occ's, down pipe, and maybe a cat back. Not sure on going full catless yet.

Also anyone with upgrades to 19" wheels notice a ride/mpg difference? Ill be driving in eco mode a good amount of the time. Wanted a sporty sedan with good mpgs still. Seemed to fit the bill!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Senior Wrench Monkey
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    Welcome, and depending on the type of 19" tires e.g. load range/speed rating, the ride could be decent, and as far a gas mileage, the 2.0 T is a poor choice.
    You'll have a lot of fun with the car though.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Welcome to the community forum Bob!

Congrats on picking up your 2011 Optima SX turbo model.

Glad to have you with us here part of the team.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there’s anything we can help you find.

-David

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined2race View Post
    Hey all, just picked up a 2011 SX in really nice shape. 116k miles, pulls smooth and was well taken care of. Ill get a pick up soon here, its getting some work done on it as we speak.

From Wisconsin, nick name is Funky Fresh Coolio McChickensworth. Or Bob.

Looking forward to doing some more research on tuning, and getting more parts ordered. Just my daily driver, want to make it a little faster though. So far got the intake in, had tinted windows (Black ext), hooked up an Excellon amp with a 10" L7 ported for a little extra bass, and new K emblems on the way.

Next will likely be Lap3 or similar, the HKS plugs, Occ's, down pipe, and maybe a cat back. Not sure on going full catless yet.

Also anyone with upgrades to 19" wheels notice a ride/mpg difference? Ill be driving in eco mode a good amount of the time. Wanted a sporty sedan with good mpgs still. Seemed to fit the bill!

Thanks!
    Welcome. Many members use 19 and 20" wheels without issue. Jut always research the weight of the rims and the weight of rubber.
    Lots of upgrade choices. Enjoy!
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

Model
    2011 Optima SX
    Thanks guys. Got more parts on the way, more to come. It still will beat the mpgs on my Enclave I've been driving more since my BNR turbo on my speed6 started acting up. Gotta take it apart and send it in. Had been wanting a better daily for a while and came across this one.

Have been averaging 33mpg so far first tank, up from probably 18 in the AWD enclave. Need it for the boat though lol!

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined2race View Post
    Thanks guys. Got more parts on the way, more to come. It still will beat the mpgs on my Enclave I've been driving more since my BNR turbo on my speed6 started acting up. Gotta take it apart and send it in. Had been wanting a better daily for a while and came across this one.

Have been averaging 33mpg so far first tank, up from probably 18 in the AWD enclave. Need it for the boat though lol!
    I averaged 38mpg at 80mph (on cruise) on a trip to Chicago before with my turbo optima.
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

Senior Wrench Monkey
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    I averaged 38mpg at 80mph (on cruise) on a trip to Chicago before with my turbo optima.

What was that, with an 80mph tail wind and using the instrument calculation?
    Years ago, on our Jeep Grand Cherokee V-8, I hit 92 mpg on the way home one day.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements