Kia Optima Forums banner

Greetings from Minnesota

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  7thkey 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

I've been lurking on these forums for awhile now, I even used this website to do a bit of research before purchasing my Optima back in January. This car has been my first major purchase since i graduated college and I'm very happy with it so far :D

I've done a few mods so far: HKS plugs (in preparation for LAP3 chip tune), Kinetic catback exhaust, and one that may be a bit unique is my GFB DVX blow off valve. I wanted a real BOV and not just a spacer so after some research I found this BOV. Its made for the Veloster but I did some digging and found that the Veloster and my optima share the same part # for the stock valve. It is a very tight fit as part of the BOV sits right next to the metal radiator cover, but there is plenty of room for it to vent and airflow is not restricted. I have also purchased a catch can and a ram air intake that I have yet to install.

When I bought the car used it came with the spoiler and rebadged Kia logos. I debadged the "OPTIMA" and "T-ECO" badges myself.

If you guys click on my profile you can find a link to my youtube channel where you can see videos of the exhaust and BOV. I would just link right in the post but I guess I can't because I am too new to the forums :rolleyes: This weekend I might try to get some more pictures in the daylight.

Cheers! Glad to be here :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well my post got buried by the spam filter so I don't think anyone saw this but heres an update anyways.

I have since installed a catch can, cold air intake, and LAP3 tune. The car is much more fun to drive now. All season tires will spin with traction control off. Waiting for the warranty to be up to get a custom downpipe, or maybe they will make one for the 1.6 Optima by then. Honestly I always thought of Kias as being pretty junky cars before buying this car but it has quickly changed my mind.

DCT is fantastic. I think alot of the clutch shuddering issues can be avoided by operating the car in manual mode at low speeds. Once the car shifts into second it doesnt seem to want to shift back down into first until you come to a near complete stop. This means that if you decel to say 5mph its still going to be in 2nd when you try to get on the gas causing the clutch to slip (probably intentionally by computer control). Instead just switch to manual and drop into first gear. I havnt had any problems since noticing this. Obviously it would be nice if it was fully functional at low speeds, but it sure beats paying for a new DCT down the road.

#10 ·
Hey Basschad, I was offerd 15% off a GFB DVX T9661 ($229) this is the one you put in right? Few questions on install.. Did you swap out the vacuum hose and if you did the line splits into a sensor do you do both sides(all the way to intercooler) or just up to sensor? Also did you adjust any of the spring tension? If you have any pictures that would be great. If anyone else has put a dvx on a 1.6 ex feel free to answer also.
Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.