New Member! - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member!

Thank you guys, also the door frame on the inside is bent for both doors should I be worried?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Do you mean the crash bar inside the door? If so, you might want to look at replacing the door as apposed to repairing the sheet metal. that crash bar is a structural part of the door, and is what transfers energy away from the occupants in the event of a side impact.

I’m honestly not sure, but here’s what it looks like, it’s present at both doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Senior Wrench Monkey
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    They'll be able to fix that, but if it was twisted beyond repair there is a center pillar available for the car @ $400, just cut the damaged unit out and weld in the new pillar. Sometimes if the pillar isn't completely damaged, they'll just cut out the damage and weld in a piece from the new pillar.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Ouch, sorry to see that but glad nobody got hurt. Curious about one thing though--why would/will you need to call *your* insurance company if the other driver was at fault...did the other driver not have insurance?

Senior Wrench Monkey
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    Example: I have collision insurance on the car, so let us assume other driver's fault as he ran into the back of me when stopped, I'll call my company to get the work done quickly, pay the deductible, let my company do the leg work so when they receive compensation from the other company, they'll send me a check for the deductible.

I have also dealt directly with the at fault company and not had any problems with payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonut View Post
    Example: I have collision insurance on the car, so let us assume other driver's fault as he ran into the back of me when stopped, I'll call my company to get the work done quickly, pay the deductible, let my company do the leg work so when they receive compensation from the other company, they'll send me a check for the deductible.

I have also dealt directly with the at fault company and not had any problems with payment.
    Yep exactly, and I’m waiting for someone from the insurance company to check out the damage on the car on Monday so I’m just gonna let time do it’s thing lol

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonut View Post
    Understood, however you do realize that when you do it the way you described you are technically opening a claim against your own insurance policy--it doesn't matter that your insurance company receives compensation from the other driver's insurance company. When it comes to auto insurance insurability, one's driving record isn't the only thing auto insurance companies look at when it comes to insurability--have you've heard of "CLUE"?

To be fair, there may be times where you have little choice but to involve your own insurance company but under most circumstances you shouldn't really involve your own insurance company if you weren't at fault.
    Last edited by tonester; 04-22-2019 at 11:04 AM.

The other drivers insurance is paying for it, the Optima is gonna be in the shop for at least a month, I took it in today so for now I’m gonna be driving my dads 2003 Mercedes e500. At least it’s gonna give me time to save up for my cold air intake!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12