Good Dealer in GTA+ ?
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Dealer in GTA+ ?

Good Dealer in GTA+ ?

Hey all! Planning on financing a new SX as soon as either the 0% is extended to 84 months (like on the Sonata 2.0T), or the 2013s arrive. I was wondering who had good experiences/bad experiences, etc. with particular dealers. I live in Newmarket, so relavant dealers for me would be up to Barrie and down to the lakeshore. Would even consider Pickering to Missauga, if the dealer was truly outstanding in service, knowledge and willingness to negotiate.

Let me hear about your experience.
    A Little Dab'll Do Ya!
    2013 SX SWP (Canadian Model)

Mods so far:
    Llumar Clear Front Protective Film; Formula One Pinnacle 30% + AirBlue Windshield; Findway Precision-Fit All-Season Mats;
    SickBMW's Switchback LEDs (pending);

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    My wife and I had a pleasant experience with Joe from Plaza Kia. He was very forward with us, and didn't try to make any empty promises. He even helped locate an SX in the colour we wanted.

I had a great experience with Budd`s Kia in Oakville. Dealt with Jason Blaine who is the sales manager. Very professional, friendly, best price of the dealers I contacted.

QEW just east of Bronte Road.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    401 Dixie Kia was great, I got my Forte from Oakville Kia just before Budd's bought it up and most of the sales/finance teams went to Dixie, so I ended up getting my Optima from them.
    Fantastic finance guys, they got me out of my 2011 forte and into the optima with very little loss.

Learner's Permit
    My buddy bought his Optima at 401 Dixie also......he got a way better deal than I got.

Riding Lawn Mower
    I bought my White SX Turbo in Newmarket. I got it at Longman's Kia on Highway 7. I went to 427 Kia, Plaza Kia, Scarborough Kia. They gave me the best price and were eager to keep my business. I got them to do the first service as well at no charge. When I picked up the car they gave me a gift basket with some car care items in a wash bucket. Didn't need it however it was a nice touch. Mario Wong is the sales manager. Good guy. I had them de-badge it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityD View Post
    I bought my White SX Turbo in Newmarket. I got it at Longman's Kia on Highway 7. I went to 427 Kia, Plaza Kia, Scarborough Kia. They gave me the best price and were eager to keep my business. I got them to do the first service as well at no charge. When I picked up the car they gave me a gift basket with some car care items in a wash bucket. Didn't need it however it was a nice touch. Mario Wong is the sales manager. Good guy. I had them de-badge it as well.
    So wait... Did you buy it at Kia of Newmarket? Or Longman's Kia? I am guessing the latter, but just want to clarify. I did not have a good experience shopping at Kia of Newmarket.

Also, I am wondering when we're getting the 2013s up here, as we got our '12s WAY after they got them in the States (March 2012, to be exact). Anyone up here seen any '13s, or heard when they are expected to arrive?
    A Little Dab'll Do Ya!

Mods so far:
    Llumar Clear Front Protective Film; Formula One Pinnacle 30% + AirBlue Windshield; Findway Precision-Fit All-Season Mats;

Learner's Permit
    I had a great experience at Budds.

Just one thing to keep in mind that a lot of the dealers up here do, just say no to the rust module, it's "snake oil". I don't think they are even allowed to sell them in the states but they do nothing to stop rust. The only negative thing I have to say is about the push for that and the extendend warantee (also I belive is a waste of money), but I've had that same experience at many dealers. It's always the business manager/finance manager etc... where the after sales piss me off. I have never had a car deal that didn't.

Report from the Competition Bureau Misleading Advertising and Deceptive Marketing Practices - Competition Bureau
    False and Misleading Representations

• On December 13, 2001 a consent order was filed under section 74.01 of the Competition Act, which deals with misleading representations, unsubstantiated performance claims and purported guarantees which have no reasonable prospect of being carried out. The order was filed with respect to the marketing practices of Antirouilles Électroniques TP and Garantie Express Inc. and Mr. Jacques Nadeau, the president and secretary of these companies, for the promotion of Total Protection. The $300 device claimed to protect the entire body of a car against rust. Tests submitted by Mr. Nadeau did not demonstrate that the Total Protection device could protect the entire surface of a vehicle against corrosion. Under the terms of the consent order, the companies in question and Mr. Nadeau have agreed to cease marketing the product and the extended anticorrosion guarantee. The parties have also agreed to not market similar products in Canada unless adequate and proper tests are carried out. The order further stipulates that affected consumers be informed by letter that they have a choice to either keep the two products and obtain a complete eight-year anticorrosion insurance policy or get their money back.

Riding Lawn Mower
    It was Longman's Kia in Newmarket.....

Quote Originally Posted by BigCityD View Post
    It was Longman's Kia in Newmarket.....
    Weird. Longman's Kia shows up at Hwy. 7 and McCowan Rd., in Markham. I haven't been to that one. Kia of Newmarket is owned by someone different, and I did NOT like the service there.
    A Little Dab'll Do Ya!

Mods so far:

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast