$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]

[EX] : Product improvement campaign - Page 13
$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Product improvement campaign

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX

pRODUCT IMPROVEMENT CAMPAIGN

I just had my 45,000 miles service done and I asked the S/A about the ECU upgrade and how I didn't want it done at this time because of all the problems and constant revisions coming out from KIA. He said "no problem, I tend to agree with you. We have twenty cars right now waiting for new engines and we are just starting to re-run the noise test to see how many false positives we have." I then asked if the warranty could be voided for not getting the upgrade done and he said the warranty will not be voided if you don't get the upgrade done but make sure you document everything done to the car to protect yourself because Kia is still looking to deny claims on engine repairs if maintenance isn't done. On a side note if anyone lives in the Central Florida area and need a 15, 30 or 45 thousand mile service, Orlando Kia east has a special that covers: lube, oil and filter,
    complete Kia multi-point inspection,
    replace front wipers, replace cabin air filter, rotate tires, battery check, inspect brakes and fill all fluids, for 109.95. Offer ends 6/30/2019 you need the coupon in hand.Product improvement campaign-kia-ad.jpg
    Last edited by bash57; 05-16-2019 at 10:52 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    ^ They, Kia, won't void the warranty if you prefer not to get the KSDS upgrade performed, you just won't receive the "Lifetime" engine warranty.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonut View Post
    ^ They, Kia, won't void the warranty if you prefer not to get the KSDS upgrade performed, you just won't receive the "Lifetime" engine warranty.
    This, plus it should be reiterated that the *lifetime* engine warranty applies only to the specific condition detailed in the PIC letter.
    Last edited by tonester; 05-20-2019 at 12:36 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    This, plus it should be noted that the *lifetime* engine warranty applies only to the specific condition detailed in the PIC letter.
    Yes, that was posted early on, but always a good idea to make it clear to new minds.

Hope everyone understands that the lifetime unlimited mileage is only for rod bearing problems, but if the engine elects to die from another problem, they will not cover the replacement.

LIFETIME WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR THIS ISSUE. Kia is providing lifetime engine warranty coverage for this issue only (DTC P1326), to both new and used vehicle owners of the affected vehicles identified above, for engine long block assembly repairs needed due to resulting bearing damage upon completion of the Product Improvement Campaign.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Yes, that was posted early on, but always a good idea to make it clear to new minds.
    LOL thanks; FWIW in light of your reply (above) I updated my original post to change "noted" to "reiterated"...

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    LOL thanks; FWIW in light of your reply (above) I updated my original post to change "noted" to "reiterated"...
    Don't take my response the wrong way, I wasn't being sarcastic, just thought I'd relist the warranty coverage.

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Don't take my response the wrong way, I wasn't being sarcastic, just thought I'd relist the warranty coverage.
    No offense taken--my bad for not having noticed beforehand that you alluded to the coverage earlier in this thread.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    Optima EX 2.4
    Trim
    EX Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyth View Post
    Well new ride was short lived, but after 5 months, my car is DONE. I pick it up tonight. I also programmed KIA roadside assistance into my phone.

The telluride is awesome! Did get it pretty muddy, and it was FUN! Snow will be a breeze in that thing, but triple the price I paid for my optima, I think I'll pass for now......

I donno what it is, but glad to have MY car back.

Well made it almost a month, was left stranded in a no signal area, in the middle of nowhere. car quit, then started again but only 2k rpm. Tow truck came when I finally got service. tow truck wouldn't take myself my wife or my pup. basically left us stranded. Good thing we have friends. Got a call about 2pm yesterday that the car was ready again. They have now replaced the knock sensor. With both of their temp fixes done now, I fully expect a new motor if anything else happens. Headed out of town this weekend, hopefully it holds up!

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyth View Post
    Well made it almost a month, was left stranded in a no signal area, in the middle of nowhere. car quit, then started again but only 2k rpm. Tow truck came when I finally got service. tow truck wouldn't take myself my wife or my pup. basically left us stranded. Good thing we have friends. Got a call about 2pm yesterday that the car was ready again. They have now replaced the knock sensor. With both of their temp fixes done now, I fully expect a new motor if anything else happens. Headed out of town this weekend, hopefully it holds up!
    You seem to be taking it pretty well, but guess not much one can do except have the problem corrected, and hopefully you'll have an uneventful trip, car wise, this weekend.
    Maybe take the dealer owner's phone number with you!

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    Optima EX 2.4
    Trim
    EX Premium
    I'm doing my best to not freak out. They did throw in a oil change and topping off of fluids, and their pathetic car wash. They are quite sick of me......

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast