[VENDOR][FS]: 2011-2018 Kia Optima UNAVI X5 OEM Integrated Navigation System - K5 Optima Store
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2018 Kia Optima UNAVI X5 OEM Integrated Navigation System - K5 Optima Store

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D

2011-2019 Kia Optima UNAVI X5 OEM Integrated Navigation System - K5 Optima Store

is an exclusive dealer working with:

Here to present to the forum, the UNAVI X5 OEM-Integrated Navigation Unit for 2011-2019 Kia Optima.
    These new X5 & F1 units are compatible with both UVO & non UVO head units. UNAVI is not compatible with the OEM Navigation unit.
    Here are some of the key features of the UNAVI unit:

• INTEGRATE ALL FACTORY FEATURES, CONTROLS AND DISPLAY
    • RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO (INCLUDING CD CHANGER & SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO)
    • RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM & MICROPHONE
    • RETAIN FACTORY AUX/IPOD CONNECTIVITY
    • RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
    • RETAIN
    FACTORY BACKUP CAMERA
    • A/V INPUT FOR DVD PLAYER OR GAME CONSOLE

• 8” HIGH-RESOLUTION LCD (FULL TOUCHSCREEN CONTROLS)
    • BACKUP CAMERA READY FOR MODELS NOT EQUIPPED WITH CAMERA
    PRELOADED MAPS OF US & CANADA INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
    UNAVI SOFTWARE UPDATES PROVIDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
    • 3-YEAR ADVANCED EXCHANGE WARRANTY

Manufacturers Advertised Pricing (MAP) on these units are $1,299.00
    (Per our agreement with UNAVI, we will not post pricing below (MAP) publicly)
    We kindly ask that anyone interested in discounted pricing contact us directly by email at [email protected]

(BUY NOW)

Here are some more technical specs on this new unit:

UNAVI X5 (8-Inch Display)
    H/W Display Unit: 8" LCD / 800 x 480 WVGA
    CPU: Cortex A8 1GHz OS: Win CE 6.0
    MEMORY: DRAM 256MB / 128MB NAND FlashUSB: USB 2.0 Host GPS: SiRF STAR III
    Map: iGO Primo (w/ optional Live Traffic)
    POWER: DC +12V ~ +24V

SPEAKER: 3W Stereo

UNAVI is an integrated navigation and multi-media management system for your vehicle with an OEM fit and finish.
    The UNAVI system retains all of the Optima's factory features and controls, including iPod connectivity, Bluetooth, Satellite Radio and
    Steering Wheel Controls.
    Available for both UVO & non UVO Optima's.

You've heard, and in fact, may have used an aftermarket "factory integrated" system that claims to integrate with the vehicle's factory
    components and features. UNAVI is firmly in a class of it's own. With a class leading in-dash system, factory fitment and OEM integration, these
    are just a few of the key features for this new evolution of automotive navigation systems.

Why spend the extra $1,500 - $2,000 for a Navigation Package, or possibly having to upgrade to a higher trim level to even get the
    option to add a navigation system? This is where UNAVI comes in with the total solution that you've been looking for.

If you are interested in this product but are not a member here on the forum, please send us an email to [email protected]

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-06-2017 at 07:42 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    What's the difference between this and the x2 besides the os and slightly updated processor (less nand memory?) and arguably better navigation software?

How does one update the maps? And the cost? The map info and nav software upgrades are things I always ask.
    Last edited by shinrocky; 10-18-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by shinrocky View Post
    What's the difference between this and the x2 besides the os and slightly updated processor (less nand memory?) and arguably better navigation software?

How does one update the maps? And the cost? The map info and nav software upgrades are things I always ask.
    This is an entirely new system that doesn't share anything with the X2 besides the screen size. All of the hardware is brand-new. Also it's not a slightly updated processor but almost twice the speed. It also has twice as much nand memory. Old was 65mb, new is 128mb.

I have this unit installed in my car and it is a completely different beast altogether. Much more fluidized motion and faster software. Also there is no argument, Igo Primo compared to the SpeedNav is a night and day difference. Hands-down much better software with available live traffic and 3 dimensional mapping.

New software updates are sold every three years I believe when the software company issues an update. Any fees would be handled directly through the navigation company.

However software updates for the X5 system are provided at no charge directly from you UNAVI.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Any chance you have a demo up on YouTube? The thing that kept me away from the x2 was the nav software, and I remember using Igo years before and I was pretty happy with them. Not sure what changed. Aside from the nav software, what changed with the core functions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

OptimaForums Veteran
    Grrrrrrr... LOL... does Unavi have a trade in program. lol

I'm sure I'll be calling you about this in the near future David. "You're killing me smalls!"

edit: Any video of the X5 unit up yet? I'd be very interested to see the GUI changes. I am excited about the faster processor and more RAM.
    Last edited by crystalworks; 10-18-2013 at 04:32 PM.

How does the optional live traffic work. Do you need a separate unit. Does it pull it from xm? Just wondering.

Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by shinrocky View Post
    Any chance you have a demo up on YouTube? The thing that kept me away from the x2 was the nav software, and I remember using Igo years before and I was pretty happy with them. Not sure what changed. Aside from the nav software, what changed with the core functions?

No I'm sorry I do not have a video up yet. Working three separate jobs has had me slammed lately. However I will get one made very soon.. This new navigation software is night and day difference over the previous one. What exactly do you mean by what changed with the core functions? This is a completely new unit using all new hardware, like processor, memory, control box, connection cables etc. including new UI software and navigation software. As I previously mentioned, the only thing that it's sharing from the previous X2 unit, is the screen and the similarities in the previous UNAVI software.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post

I'm sure I'll be calling you about this in the near future David. "You're killing me smalls!"

edit: Any video of the X5 unit up yet? I'd be very interested to see the GUI changes. I am excited about the faster processor and more RAM.
    I believe they do actually. Send me an email for details.

No video just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysun View Post
    How does the optional live traffic work. Do you need a separate unit. Does it pull it from xm? Just wondering.

The live traffic works using a separate module that is an optional purchase when buying the unit. It does not connect using XM. More details will follow regarding this as soon as the live traffic option is available in the next month or so.

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post

They definately do have trade ins available =) and obvious David is the hook up lol
    And since I know i'm not the only one that thought of this, you can NOT put the X5 software on your X2 unit. They're apparently not compatible so.... please don't try this lol
    Last edited by gmoney5588; 10-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    HID conversion (4300K), Led bumper reflectors
    LED cup holder
    Sound deadening
    Saiko Michi OCC-S1
    Power folding mirror

Hey David,

I am having mine installed Tuesday. Anything I should have them do, add or look out for? Also does this unit allow for address input while in drive?

Thanks

Lot Attendant
    As I am running two amps in my current set up can you tell me the audio specs for this unit? I could not find any info on the Unavi site.
    2012 SWP EX Turbo
    Luxon FSB
    Injen CAI
    Karbon Koncepts stiff rings
    Tinted windows
    2way remote start
    Focal 6.5 components in front, Alpine and Audison amps with Focal sub
    Kia all weather molded mats

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast