Kia Optima Forums banner

2011-2019 Kia Optima UNAVI X5 OEM Integrated Navigation System - K5 Optima Store

61K views 130 replies 41 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·

is an exclusive dealer working with:

Here to present to the forum, the UNAVI X5 OEM-Integrated Navigation Unit for 2011-2019 Kia Optima.
These new X5 & F1 units are compatible with both UVO & non UVO head units. UNAVI is not compatible with the OEM Navigation unit.
Here are some of the key features of the UNAVI unit:

• INTEGRATE ALL FACTORY FEATURES, CONTROLS AND DISPLAY
• RETAIN FACTORY AUDIO (INCLUDING CD CHANGER & SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO)
• RETAIN FACTORY BLUETOOTH SYSTEM & MICROPHONE
• RETAIN FACTORY AUX/IPOD CONNECTIVITY
• RETAIN FACTORY STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
• RETAIN FACTORY BACKUP CAMERA
• A/V INPUT FOR DVD PLAYER OR GAME CONSOLE
• 8” HIGH-RESOLUTION LCD (FULL TOUCHSCREEN CONTROLS)
• BACKUP CAMERA READY FOR MODELS NOT EQUIPPED WITH CAMERA

• PRELOADED MAPS OF US & CANADA INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
• UNAVI SOFTWARE UPDATES PROVIDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
• 3-YEAR ADVANCED EXCHANGE WARRANTY

Manufacturers Advertised Pricing (MAP) on these units are $1,299.00
(Per our agreement with UNAVI, we will not post pricing below (MAP) publicly)

We kindly ask that anyone interested in discounted pricing contact us directly by email at Sales@K5OptimaStore.com

(BUY NOW)

Here are some more technical specs on this new unit:

UNAVI X5 (8-Inch Display)
H/W Display Unit: 8" LCD / 800 x 480 WVGA
CPU: Cortex A8 1GHz OS: Win CE 6.0
MEMORY: DRAM 256MB / 128MB NAND FlashUSB: USB 2.0 Host GPS: SiRF STAR III
Map: iGO Primo (w/ optional Live Traffic)
POWER: DC +12V ~ +24V
SPEAKER: 3W Stereo

UNAVI is an integrated navigation and multi-media management system for your vehicle with an OEM fit and finish.
The UNAVI system retains all of the Optima's factory features and controls, including iPod connectivity, Bluetooth, Satellite Radio and
Steering Wheel Controls. Available for both UVO & non UVO Optima's.

You've heard, and in fact, may have used an aftermarket "factory integrated" system that claims to integrate with the vehicle's factory
components and features. UNAVI is firmly in a class of it's own. With a class leading in-dash system, factory fitment and OEM integration, these
are just a few of the key features for this new evolution of automotive navigation systems.

Why spend the extra $1,500 - $2,000 for a Navigation Package, or possibly having to upgrade to a higher trim level to even get the
option to add a navigation system? This is where UNAVI comes in with the total solution that you've been looking for.

If you are interested in this product but are not a member here on the forum, please send us an email to Sales@K5OptimaStore.com

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!

See less See more
#95 ·
Wow, I have been insanely busy at work this past week. :dizzy: Sorry David for not getting back to you. Totally my fault. Anyway, I just received my UNAVI X5 tonight. Worming up the tools now for a fun weekend. Most of the DIY install has already be covered here and on YouTube, but I will try to get some additional photos of my "iGo Live Traffic Module" install. I’ll keep you posted.

#101 ·
Now this this sub forum is back, I wouldn't mind posting my UNAVIX5 in my optima! I love it and I believe this was worth every penny. The navigation is top notch! I wish I got the traffic alert module with it, but regardless it's great! I would recommend anyone who is debating on this to get it!

#102 ·
Now this this sub forum is back, I wouldn't mind posting my UNAVIX5 in my optima! I love it and I believe this was worth every penny. The navigation is top notch! I wish I got the traffic alert module with it, but regardless it's great! I would recommend anyone who is debating on this to get it!

Thank you for leaving us a review here on the product!! I also had this unit installed in my Optima, and can tell you I absolutely loved it! I love the fact that you can play movies while the car is in motion. (Just don't watch it while driving ;) lol) glad you are enjoying the unit.

#104 · (Edited)
I see pictures of Unavi X5s that have three buttons (Disp Audio Nav) and that does not have the buttons.
What are the differences between the two?
Thats for the 2014-2015 Optima models. The UNAVI bracket comes with those. The 2011-2013 models, which is what I have, do not come with those buttons. So depends on which model year you have. Since you have a 2015, the UNAVI bracket would have those buttons.

#118 ·
Hello there,

No that may also play a role in it as well, however it's because the wiring and software/hardware is completely different. The UNAVI system attaches to the OEM stereo integrating it to the stereo as one. This is not possible on the Nav version of the Optima.

#119 ·
I too live in Australia and would love one of these. I think we have a non-uvo system with infinity (I'll try and get some decent pics shortly). Have just worked out that I can get maps for Australia from naviextras.com so if the only issue is the LHD vs RHD Facia, I may be able to get a RHD Double Din and fill it in and mount screen as required to get a nice OEM Look. SO tempting, but as it is a decent outlay I'd like to know that it would actually work with our system.

Wish it was available as-is for Australia.....

Cheers,

Dicko.

#121 ·
Hello there,

I am pretty sure we can help you get the correct facing fascia in order to install the UNAVI system on your vehicle.

I would have to look into this further for you.

Just took some pics:

As installed - Note infinity branding and that it is a 6CD Stacker

View attachment 201441

Current iPad Mount from Seat Bolt

View attachment 201481

Shots of the Head Unit

View attachment 201497 View attachment 201505 View attachment 201513 View attachment 201521 View attachment 201529

Cheers,

Dicko
Thank you for the images as well, would you mind sending us an email with all of this information including the images as well so we can send it over to UNAVI to look into this and assist us with helping you?

Sales@K5OptimaStore.com

#129 ·
I have a couple quick questions: Just how customizable is the unit? Can you change the player skins on the music interface or just what that screen looks like in general? Also, when you operate it in Aux mode for say GPS, can you still listen to music at the same time or is that the only thing that will play through the speakers?

#130 ·
Hey there, would be happy to answer any questions you have. Might be easier for you to call in, so we can answer any other questions you may have as well.

However, in terms of these 2 questions:

1) Yes, there are different interchangeable skins available.

2) You can listen to the music at the same time as the GPS, but not while in AUX mode..

The UNAVI system will come with a separate speaker for the GPS that plays independently of the music. However, you can have it play through the car speakers using the AUX mode as well.

#131 ·
Check out the 2011-2019 Kia Optima UNAVI X5/F1 OEM navigation head unit.

Feature-packed and you still retain all factory steering controls and features.

Two different models for UVO and non-UVO Optimas.

K5 Optima Store - UNAVI X5/F1 (OEM Integrated Navigation) For the Kia Optima

If you have questions about this product please don't hesitate to contact us.

Also, you can see several of the products we sell here on the site in our subforum below:

Optima Forums - Site Sponsor - Subforum - K5 Optima Store

Remember, we do offer deep discounts on this navigation system, but you must private message us for discounted pricing.