$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]

v13 NAV UPDATE SECURITY BLOCK
$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v13 NAV UPDATE SECURITY BLOCK

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    Snow White Pearl - ................ Aubergine Nappa

SOLVED: v13 NAV UPDATE SECURITY BLOCK

SOLVED: Involved "Click Once Trust Prompt" behavior

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel

Make "Internet" member "Enabled" vs Disabled - I typed the word as Dbl-Clk did nothing.
    Clk on -- setup.exe -- produced "Do you want to Install This App?" INSTEAD of Security Block Popup.

https://www.gonnalearn.com/2018/10/04/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-application-because-it-potentially-poses-a-security-risk-to-your-computer/

....... EDIT: AFTER Software Dnload, Return INTERNET to DISabled per my later post below ........
    ================================================== ==============

Has anyone with Win 10 dnloaded the V13 Nav Update, or Any Update recently, and survived a Security Lock with FF and IE 11 attempted?

I've disabled ESET Security Protection & FW, Mbam Prem, and SuperAS Pro, and Disabled all security Extensions in FF, although IE 11 block suggests that isn't the issue. mapNSoft Sppt sounded use to Security Certif issues but seemed to think disabling AV-FW works fine. Not for me.

Any ideas appreciated.

v13 NAV UPDATE SECURITY BLOCK-security-block.jpg
    Last edited by COS-16SXL; 05-11-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Built 12/14/15 -- Bought 12/23/15
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Yokohama Advan Sport A/S ... 235/45R18 (10++ So far)
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk

Diapers, Politicians, & the Media All Need Changing for the Same Reason

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    After Successful Install of V13 ....When your early Screen states "SD Card Not Compatible" My Install manual from Kia Update page said "Disregard, Keep Pressing SETUP". NOT True for me. I went to System Info and pressed UPDATE, and it started OK.

Install Manual Link after Software Dnload wouldn't open with PDF-Xchange app I have; I prev had Dnloaded Install manual from Update Page and it opens fine. Do that first. Install steps logical / No issue, really, BUT did not match entirely what Manual stated.
    Last edited by COS-16SXL; 05-07-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Good to know for when I ever decide to build a new or otherwise use a PC with Win10 on it--my current PC is running Win7 thus I didn't experience the issues you came across during your nav update download.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    Good to know for when I ever decide to build a new or otherwise use a PC with Win10 on it--my current PC is running Win7 thus I didn't experience the issues you came across during your nav update download.
    This Fix is such a "Say What?" kind of solution that I've posted this everywhere other Forums have helped me in the past.

FORGOT to mention : MNS says 50-50 on Losing saved data in update; I LOST NOTHING - Radio - Nav Locations as prior.
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Yeah I didn't lose any of my personalized settings (radio presets, nav locations, etc.) either--at least not the ones I care about--when I updated the nav software on my unit.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    A "regular / expert" in the ESET Security Forum states the -- Disabled - setting in the Registry string is a "designed" Security Strategy of Win 10, & believes that the "Enabled" setting of the [Internet ] member ALLOWS a Back Door for person X to Insert Malware.
    Since I only needed the change to make --setup.exe -- execute, I've returned it to -- Disabled -- and suggest the same - After - Software Dnload should you get the popup.

His justification cited is in the Description section of Link below & I surmise it's that No Admin Privilege is requd to Install an App when the setting is Enabled .....

tonester,
    going to NC recently I knew I needed to get off I-20 at Exit 1 (Hwy 11) just inside SC from Ga (actually missed it & had to dbl back). On my v13 Map screen @ bottom Rt I have -- Navi Menu -- btn and Clk it provides 10-12 function modules WITH Freeway/Exit being in 3rd line. I'm pretty sure you said you can't find it but I had it in v8 and now 13. Look again on your's.

It's noteworthy that I sent MNS JPGs showing that on V8 IF I entered JUST I-20 & Exit (ie) 144 ( 15 mi away Test) I got 4 Offers 900 mi away; Had to Enter 144A or 144B. In v13 IF I enter 144 it NOW Actually Offers I-20 E or I-20 W and Suggests 144A or B. Coincidence or partial cause, MNS actually listens, it appears!! SEND ERRORS / SUGGESTIONS if worthy ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClickOnce

Last edited by COS-16SXL; 05-13-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    COS-16SXL--was your nav performing an active route at the time you tapped on the Navi Menu to then see the Freeway/Exit module? I do seem to recall the Freeway/Exit info/module when my nav is in Active Route mode--it shows what POIs and freeway exit # info are available for each exit along the route.

However, my deal was more about setting a new route by specifying that the final destination or waypoint be a Freeway exit # rather than having to do so by tapping the freeway exit ramp on the map itself to tell the nav that that's my destination--IOW, be able to search for a POI by freeway exit #.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    Quote Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    COS-16SXL--was your nav performing an active route at the time you tapped on the Navi Menu to then see the Freeway/Exit module? I do seem to recall the Freeway/Exit info/module when my nav is in Active Route mode--it shows what POIs and freeway exit # info are available for each exit along the route.

However, my deal was more about setting a new route by specifying that the final destination or waypoint be a Freeway exit # rather than having to do so by tapping the freeway exit ramp on the map itself to tell the nav that that's my destination--IOW, be able to search for a POI by freeway exit #.
    I see the Navi Menu Btn on bottom right of a full map screen BEFORE making a Destination entry (just by pressing plastic MAP Btn on Dash), nets 11 modules with Freeway-Exit, Intersections, and (maybe) Coordinates being the 3rd row I must scroll dn to see ....

Testing it I've entered the Interstate 1st, had MNS offer it for Press/Confirm ( I20 entered offers I-20/ Select w-Press on Nav screen), and then do the same for the Exit while Pressing/Confirm the chosen offering. You have to pay attention after Entering Data to Press what MNS offers as - Just Pressing DONE - doesn't complete the setup -

Next trip IF needed, I'll enter the Dest & then Interstate/Exit data at Home and after Starting Guidance, Cancel the 2 Routes (And unless I Saved Them for repeat use), I'll Select them Via RECENTS on the real trip. In 3 years I've never needed it , but lately it's been useful/or would have been.
    Last edited by COS-16SXL; 05-11-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk

Lot Attendant
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    COS-16SXL--in that case it would seem that the firmware version for the UVO in your 2016 SXL is different from that available/installed on the UVO in my 2018 SXL, especially given that on the MNSOFT download page the latest available v13.0 version for download is 132S4JF for 2016 (and 2017) non-Hybrid Optimas and 132S5JF for 2018 non-hybrid Optimas.

In any case when I start up my car, wait for the nav to load, then hit the hard-key MAP button to have the map display in full-screen--there is NO Navi Menu soft button--or any soft-button, for that matter--in the lower-right hand corner of the map screen--i.e.,. there is NO soft button of any kind in the lower right-hand corner on my map screen. There is a soft-key "Menu" button in the lower-left hand corner of the map; when I tap this soft-key Menu button, it brings up six soft-key buttons (modules?) right above the Menu soft button--none of which when I tap on each one of them allows me to search for a new destination by Freeway Exit number (it does allow me to search by coordinates though).

Conclusion--I strongly believe that the firmware version on your unit is different from mine, which would explain why I don't see the menu options on my UVO that you see on yours. After all, if the firmware should be the same regardless of whether it's for a 2016, 2017, or 2018 Optima...then why the separate MNSOFT links and firmware #s? The fact that on my map screen there is no soft button whatsoever in the lower-right corner of the display would also seem to bear out my theory as well.
    Last edited by tonester; 05-13-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SXL
    Trim
    I'm not totally shocked at that but, as usual, it makes no sense to me since they actually made Freeway-Exit module improvements on mine as I described.

Totally unrelated, thanks to a 19-year old who should wear diapers my right frt fender and hood were replaced in July '16, and my Snow White Pearl hood has a very faint gold hue like an "aged" white would be described. Any idea if this is typical SWP for non-factory paint jobs, or just a not-the-best paint job? My OCD is getting restless.
    Nav Software v13 5/7/19
    Castrol Edge 5W40 SYN
    Trunk-Lift Spring
    HuskyLiners Floor-Trunk

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast