$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]

What are my options? 2015 non-Nav Infinity head-unit died. I want Apple CarPlay.
$template_hook[AutoInsuranceQuotebox_RON_AUTO]
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: What are my options? 2015 non-Nav Infinity head-unit died. I want Apple CarPlay.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX

What are my options? 2015 non-Nav Infinity head-unit died. I want Apple CarPlay.

Just curious what the most affordable way to accomplish this would be. Is it possible to replace the non-Nav with the stock Nav? Is it a simple one-to-one replacement? What's the price of the stock Nav unit? Are their any after-market head-units that would be essentially be plug-n-play? I'm pretty comfortable with removing/replacing the head-unit, but when it gets into the wire diagrams I start to get a bit lost. What's the best way to do this? Any advise would be much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    2012 Optima
    Trim
    Platinum
    You can get a plug and play unit that allows you to use an aftermarket head unit of your choice. Check out your options Results for: 2015 > Kia > Optima > EX > 4-door > Sedan | Vehicle Fit Guide | Metra Online

cheers,

Dicko

RoK
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ck0 View Post
    You can get a plug and play unit that allows you to use an aftermarket head unit of your choice. Check out your options Results for: 2015 > Kia > Optima > EX > 4-door > Sedan | Vehicle Fit Guide | Metra Online

cheers,

Dicko
    Even with a harness from metra, you will need to do some DIY wiring to get all the OEM functionalities working with the aftermarket head-unit.
    2012 SWP EX 2.4L
    5000k HID low beam/fog lights | ExLED interior LED kit | ExLED license plate LEDs | K5 front/rear/wheel caps/steering wheel 7pc Emblems | Injen Cold Air Intake 2.4L | Camily LED bumper reflectors | K5 trunk lid emblem | 50 Watt CREE LED Reverse Lights | Ultra Racing Performance Front Strut Tower Bar | Ark DT-S Exhaust | Pioneer AVH-4100NEX | OEM LED Tail Lights | DRL switchback LEDs

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    2015 Optima EX
    Trim
    EX
    I installed one of those Android Double din units from Ebay (400.00) and everything looks and works like factory.

Model
    2011 K5 Turbo
    Trim
    SX W/Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrev View Post
    I installed one of those Android Double din units from Ebay (400.00) and everything looks and works like factory.
    What model? Do you have pictures?

2011 K5 Turbo - KDM Registry #0009 - Check out helpful links here - links.kok5o.com

8. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements