[VENDOR][FS]: (NEW) Kia & Hyundai 2.0T & 2.4L Throttle Body Spacer - K5 Optima Store - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (NEW) Kia & Hyundai 2.0T & 2.4L Throttle Body Spacer - K5 Optima Store

Lube Jockey
    DIY: Throttle Body Spacer Install W/Thermal Gaskets. found this on another forum, thought it might be helpful.
    Last edited by K5 Optima Store; 03-17-2016 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Removed competitors site link
    2012 Optima SX Titanium Silver Premium Touring Pkg
    New Switchback LED mod, Nameless Motor Mount Inserts, SR Rigid Collars, Ultra Racing FSTB, Neotech RSB, Boomba Racing BOV, NP Intake to stock Air box, AEM Dryflow Filter, Cree reverse LEDs, LED Rear turn signals, Camilly LED Rear Bumper Reflectors, 80w Cree Fog lights, Auto Tilt Mirror Mod, 3.0 CF/Black K-badges, PCV&IC OCCs, P2R TB Spacer, HKS M45xl plugs, Wagner IC, OSRAM CBI HID bulbs

91 Utune ECU Flash
    253whp/248wtq on Dynojet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzobb08 View Post
    Mine is on the way! I look forward to installing it and checking it off the list of future mods!
    Thanks David for all your feedback and help!
    Thank you for your order with us! You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by K5Canada View Post
    I don't see how a throttle spacer thing can add power to a T-GDI car...
    Could someone educate me on these?
    Any dyno graphs with this thing on?
    While the HP gains are minimal, it does in fact add a small amount of HP. Nothing crazy, but it all adds up in the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Xterra808 View Post
    DIY:Throttle Body Spacer Install W/Thermal Gaskets. found this on another forum, thought it might be helpful.
    Thanks for sharing this, this does in fact have some legit info.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima 2.0T
    Trim
    EX+
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterra808 View Post
    DIY: Throttle Body Spacer Install W/Thermal Gaskets. found this on another forum, thought it might be helpful.
    Thanks Xterra808. I'm gonna take a look at this link.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    I'll let Jason answer this one as I have never installed this on my own vehicle.

Horsepower gains will be minimal I'd say around 4 to 6 hp at most. I would imagine there would also be slightly increased throttle response as well.
    HP gains are minimal 4 or 6 HP at the best. Throttle response is slightly better too. The real benefit is the two taps for accessories. Here is a picture of mine. On the left side here you see I am using it as a vacuum source for my blow off value. On the right side of the picture I have a 90 degree fitting that I am using for my boost gauge. You can get these fittings dirt cheap at Home Depot, just make sure you buy the correct size. And also make sure you install them PRIOR to installing the throttle body spacer.

Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    HP gains are minimal 4 or 6 HP at the best. Throttle response is slightly better too. The real benefit is the two taps for accessories. Here is a picture of mine. On the left side here you see I am using it as a vacuum source for my blow off value. On the right side of the picture I have a 90 degree fitting that I am using for my boost gauge. You can get these fittings dirt cheap at Home Depot, just make sure you buy the correct size. And also make sure you install them PRIOR to installing the throttle body spacer.

Hey Jason, thanks for sharing a pic of what you've been working on. Now let's see some pics of your boost gauge.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
    Already own one, but I can attest they install in minutes, is a solid product and the two vacuum taps are great easy to reach ports for a boost gauge, meth injection port, or if you want to run your BOV off vacuum versus the little solenoid. Glad to see you picked these up David!
    Do you/anyone know how connect the tap on the throttle body spacer to an HKS BOV. Do you just run the tube from the spacer to the tip of the HKS hose leaving the vacumm filter in place? What do you do with the little 12 volt box that the HKS normally hook's up to and the tubes that connect to it ?

Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyOps View Post
    Do you/anyone know how connect the tap on the throttle body spacer to an HKS BOV. Do you just run the tube from the spacer to the tip of the HKS hose leaving the vacumm filter in place? What do you do with the little 12 volt box that the HKS normally hook's up to and the tubes that connect to it ?
    This is a great question. I've never actually heard of someone hooking it up this way, so I'll let some of the more experienced members chime in on this one.

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    K5 SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Ok I gotta hand it to David and K5os for the fastest shipping and most down to earth customer service he gives. I was on the fence about this purchase but I'm glad got it now. Took 1 hour to install. And definitely could tell a difference in initial throttle response. Also the other difference is I went from averaging 22mpg city up to 25.5 city. I have really learned how to use my insta fuel mpg gauge and keeping my gas consumption low. I drive daily all around my County for work and went 9 days before filling up. Also added a k&n drop in filter which I will be switching out for the full k&n intake that I'll be purchasing from k5os. Thanks for the awesome products!

Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
    Ok I gotta hand it to David and K5os for the fastest shipping and most down to earth customer service he gives. I was on the fence about this purchase but I'm glad got it now. Took 1 hour to install. And definitely could tell a difference in initial throttle response. Also the other difference is I went from averaging 22mpg city up to 25.5 city. I have really learned how to use my insta fuel mpg gauge and keeping my gas consumption low. I drive daily all around my County for work and went 9 days before filling up. Also added a k&n drop in filter which I will be switching out for the full k&n intake that I'll be purchasing from k5os. Thanks for the awesome products!
    Thank you so much Michael for the excellent review and feedback here. We really do appreciate all of your business with us online.

Year
    Make
    Kia Optima
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX TGDI
    How is the install on this if you don't mind me asking? I'm not a great engine work kind of guy

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast