Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners

Learner's Permit

Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners

Fuel injector cleaners can help increase your car's performance and fuel economy. We pick the best ones you can buy.

If you notice that your car might not accelerate as quickly as it once did, that the engine is running a bit rougher than you remember, or that your fuel economy has dipped but everything else is otherwise working fine in your car, it might be time to treat your engine to a fuel injector cleaning. Your engine has a lot of moving parts and if there’s gunk and grime buildup inside, it has to work even harder to get the job done. A clean engine is a more efficient engine, so a fuel injector cleaning is an important part of maintaining your car. Do you agree with this list?
    Read more about the Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaners at AutoGuide.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Tesla
    Model
    Model X
    Trim
    P100D
    The one listed first is what Kia/Hyundai uses in their vehicles when you bring the vehicle in for the 15,000 mile service.

It helps to remove carbon build up and deposits on the valves. I always run this on my past vehicles.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima Hybrid
    Trim
    Ex
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonut View Post
    Not to be the proverbial PIA, how can any "cleaner" do anything for the valves when fuel never touches the valve/valve stem?
    Exactly what I am thinking.
    It will still help clean the fuel injector, spark plug, and anything within the cylinder.

But the intake valve will stay same. Fuel does not touch intake valve in GDI engines. Need to spray some cleaner through intake at certain mileage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

According to my buddy who is a retired BG director...you are correct! You've got to have some special tear downs to get cleaners in that intake valve. Pour in the tank cleaners WILL NOT clean what we want...that is the GDI problem. 2016 Optima EX 2.4

Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2012 OPtima EX
    Trim
    EX
    Hi, I'm new here, but I've been around cars for a long time.

I also have a very good local garage. I recently bought a 12 Optima with 88K miles, body, and engine wise it is in very good shape.
    It did not have the pep that my other car had (the 13 Sonata) & when I took my foot off the gas it slowed down more that the Sonata too.

I also own a 13 Sonata with 70K, I've owned it since it has 6K miles and has been living on Synthetic Oil.

I talk to my friend who own a garage and they use a "Combustion Chamber Cleaner" (For GDi engines) that is hooked to a vacuum line.
    I asked how much smoke it makes and he said it depends on how much build up there is.

I did not ask him what brand, he has been working on my various cars for 25 or so years, so I did not really ask too much about the name of the product.

They run it and it cleans off the junk on the valves. After it was don't the car ran smoother, and was acting more like my Sonata when you take your foot off the gas it did not slow down like it use to and I have let my foot off the gas earlier if there is a car in front of me.

As a double check, I ask my wife if she noticed a difference and she said that same thing.

It ran about $100 for the mechanic time and for whatever they use. I am very satisfied.

I don't drive it as much as I use to and have only filled it up twice since then (Jan 25,'19) and it is winter here( So. Central PA).
    I don't know if the regular mileage has gone up. I have a road trip coming up soon and I'll see how it does on that trip.

PS I do use Techron for the Fuel Injectors too, (Hyundai & Kia recommend it ever 7.5K miles), I do it every 5K and it does help keep them clean too,
    most of the time it is people who don't use it and it will start to gum up the little springs somewhere between 60 and 80K miles the car will run crappy (And they hope you will trade it in). So if you haven't done it and you have about 50K on your car you will notice a small difference

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Vsolo; 03-05-2019 at 09:22 PM.

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX-T
    CRC GDI cleaner and with over 2 million miles have never used a fuel injector cleaner as even Techron yields little to no benefit other than making the owner feel more at ease, so save your money. If one wants to be safe use a top tier gasoline.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements