Weird creaking sound (video included)
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Thread: Weird creaking sound (video included)

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    SXL
    Trim
    Optima SXL Turbo

Weird creaking sound (video included)

I just noticed that there is a weird creaking sound that sounds like its coming from the front left wheel as it turns (see video) I can really only notice it (hear it) at about 20-25mph and below. It seems to happen at the same spot because as i go faster it happens faster and as i go slower it also slows down (see video and it will make sense)

I checked the wheel and tire there are no weird spots on the tire or wheel. nothing seems to be rubbing on the rotor (once had a dust shield cause a similar problem) CV boots are all good.

Also for whats its worth i did jack up the entire front of the car then chalked the rear wheels and started and put the car in drive so the wheels would spin to see if i could get my ear closer to the cause. Two things. One i didnt have the noise when the car was in this position (not sure if that helps with ruling things out). And two the car does not like this i got ABS traction control and EPS erros. (They all when out when i dropped the car and drove a few blocks.)

Anyways here is the video. Dont mind the wind there are some really good examples of the sound in the beginning and end of the video.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    I'd be looking at the brake pads and rotors first. Sounds like you might have a caliper sticking and dragging the pads.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX 2.0
    End links are a culprit on our cars as well.
    Dynojet: 294 whp/305 torque/24lbs boost with a custom BTR tune with full bolt-ons.
    2012 Optima EX-T Spicy Red Showroom https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/4...-showroom.html w/ the following MODs: 845 Motorsports FMIC|845 Motorsports 4" Intake|845 Motorsports Charge Pipe|Nameless Midpipe|Nameless Downpipe|Synapse V3 BOV|BTR Custom Tune|Magnaflow Exhaust|Saikou Michi OCC's|Ultra Racing FSTB|kSport Coilovers|R1 Concepts rotors|and MORE...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements