After oil change problems.
  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After oil change problems.

After oil change problems.

Hello everyone, new Optima owner here. Bought the car at 44 miles in December and currently have 7500 miles on it. I took it for its second oil change a week ago and decided to look under the hood later that night. I found a loose engine cover(can push on it and move it around with my fingers) and pieces of a liner that looked ripped in the back towards the windshield. I take the car to the dealer because it’s under warranty and I know it wasn’t like that before I took it to them. Am taking it back tomorrow because I need the issue corrected as I drive for income purposes. Just wanted the opinions of fellow Optima owners opposed to the dealership flim flam. Thanks a lot, pictures attached also. After oil change problems.-ef214c78-fe3e-4fd1-9846-2245b0272da8_1556663231455.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails After oil change problems.-a2b3c8c7-0850-49c8-bb06-c9f9e048506f_1556663261084.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Any opinions here? Headed to the dealer soon

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    TBH I can't figure out from the pics as to where that torn liner goes but regardless since your vehicle is clearly still under the basic warranty, just have the dealer explain it--IMHO I seriously doubt that you could/would have done anything (either inadvertent or otherwise) to explain how that liner came to be in that condition, given its location.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Yea I’m on my way there now, will update with what they say. I use the car as my main means of income so I take care of it like it’s a baby lol. Oil changes every 3k all that stuff. And literally my 2nd time opening the hood in the 7500 miles I’ve had it, fine before taking it in last week. Thanks for the input

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    2015 Optima EX
    That's a lot of dirt / dust for only 7500 miles... Does that lining do something to keep the dirt out?

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SX-T
    Trim
    Premium Touring Package
    Look out! You may have some "varmints" attempting to munch on your car!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    2012 Optima SX w/Premium Touring Pkg, "Spicy Red" | 80K miles
    Purchased 7/2012, built 3/13/2012 at GA plant.
    Mods: LAP3 UncleBoost ECU tune (Stage 1.5+), HKS M40XL Plugs, Saikou Michi OCCs (PCV&Intake), Injen SRI w/hydro-shield, Nameless MP and CP, Theta2 TBS, CP-E CBE, UR Crank Pulley, Ultra Racing FSTB, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs w/TruHart Struts, Advanti Kudos rims,...
    (See my Showroom for details)

9. The Following User Says Kudos to williamhood For This Useful Post:

So you never check your oil huh? Should do so at least monthly...
    2012 Optima SX w/ premium touring & tech packages, Corsa Blue, born in the USA Jan 24 2012, bought Feb 11 2012 w/7 miles
    Mods; 15% tint all around, clear bra, dechromed/body color grill, blue brake calipers, plastidip'd emblems, dark tint window vent visors, painted the badge T grass green (T-GDI), Fumoto oil drain valve, yellow tint fogs, mud guards, General Altimax RT43 225/50/18 tires and full size spare
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...20Optima%20SX/

Driver's License
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SXL
    Ok so after taking a look at the engine compartment of my car it looks like that the torn liner mentioned in OP's post appears to be insulation/liner material that lines (on the engine compartment side) the firewall between the engine and passenger compartments.

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    2012 KIA optima sx turbocharged
    Trim
    Sx
    Looks like some type of rodent May have gotten into it. Only takes one mouse or rodent to do serious damages to the engine compartment when there looking for nesting materials and or nest locations itself but for the low milage I don't know what to think.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima 1.6T LX
    Trim
    LX 1.6T
    Very strange place for insulation to be tampered with...by human hands. Hope it is not mice. They like material like that for their nests. But that wouldn't explain the loose engine cover piece. Let us know what they say.

14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast