View Profile: Evil Mechanic - Optima Forums : Kia Optima Forum

25 Visitor Messages

1. View Conversation
    Hi Evil Mechanic, I looked at rear dome light, it is not even close to where the shark fin is??????? Plus I could not see how to remove the rear dome light, no visible screws. Am I not getting it? I went to Kia Dealership today, they want $638.00 to replace the shark fin, they told me the headliner has to come out...........was the car you worked on a 2011 or newer????? I do appreciate any help on this one.
  2. View Conversation
    Hi Evil Mechanic, I need some advice from you, I was washing my 2011 Optima SX Turbo today, I am very gentle with it, but my shark fin came off, the plastic around the screws that hold it in place were all cracked, bad engineering. I want to save money and try to replace it myself, I looked at the inside of my car sitting in back seat, and it looks like I have to remove headliner? I have never done anything like this before, any advice on how to lower or remove it so I can remove the base so I can re-attach a new fin would be greatly appreciated?
  3. Thanks.
    Scott
  4. View Conversation
    Thank you for the PM.
  5. View Conversation
    Wanted to give you a heads up.
    Picked up my car from SFR tonight.....finally - I'm tuned!
    Feels real good, nice and smooth but nasty when I want it.
    I am still working CP-e on the sponsorship....the dude from NY that handles all that stuff said he wanted to confirm what parts swap over and what doesn't.....I was like WTF do you think the Optima sponsorship is for?? Whata douche I didn't pop the whole 100% thing just yet since I know they might bulk at that. I'd rather them get excited about getting to market sooner on a new/similar platform first.

Anyways....Hit me up if you want to meet up some weekend. Maybe we can get someone with a BTR C3 module out there and see who's gettin it done
  6. View Conversation
    hey man new to the site, i have a kia optima sx and was wondering if you have ever thought about putting a blower on your car? Have you done any research on making it a twin turbo? Advantages or disadvatages, i was just asking because every time i read the forum you have know the most about topics I have read. Please let me know your thoughts, thanks
  7. View Conversation
    301-455-9194. I was thinking that a few of us from the DC metro area can meet up, do a swap meet. Takes some photos. Maybe we can meet at my dealership in Frederick one day. Also, have you guys considered running at Summit Point near Charlestown, WV. They have certain days that you can run street cars on the road course.
  8. View Conversation
    Can you send me a list of what you have left? I live in Hagerstown and work in Frederick. I can pick up if it makes it easier
  9. View Conversation
    sup bud!.. Bernie here - i'm actually interested on the Arks Springs and I'll even drive all the way to Glen Burnie since i know exactly where its at and save you some gas.. you're not that far. What's your final call for them springs???? = ) how's the condition? Call or text (571-435-6560) or respond here or on my email [email protected]. Looking fwd to hear back from ya. Thanks man!
  10. View Conversation
    Wassssup
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 25
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
About Evil Mechanic

Basic Information

My Ride
Model:
Optima

Statistics

Total Posts