2013 Stock SXL Wheel Replacement
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Stock SXL Wheel Replacement

2013 Stock SXL Wheel Replacement

Hello,

I've curbed my wheel about the size of a quarter and it bugs the **** out of me. Anyone where I might be able to pick up a replacement OEM wheel at a decent price? To have the wheel "fixed" it will cost between 230-300 and will take about 3 weeks on the west coast.

2013 Stock SXL Wheel Replacement-img_20121108_071453copy.jpg

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Sorry to hear that you curbed your wheel. There are shops out here in Los Angeles that do it for much cheaper than that price you were quoted. It will cost you around 500+ dollars to replace that wheel brand-new. You're better off getting it repaired for that size of damage. Either way best of luck to you!

2012 Kia Optima SX (premium and tech package) 20x9 Forgestar F10's, ARK lowering springs, OEM LED DRL's, 5000k Fog lights, Luxury Badges, 35% tint
    2002 Audi A4 Avant w/ 2.0 Stroker, JE 83mm pistons, I.E rods, GT3071r turbo, methanol injection etc
    http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/8-...nown-work.html
    DIY: Lowering Springs Installation

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by Avant View Post
    It doesn't appear to be the same exact wheel in the link or am I missing something??

Good catch. I thought it was. there is another thread with the same question i believe some where.

however with that small of damage that is an easy fix. i wouldn't think it would be more than 100 bucks to fix that.

2012 Kia Optima SX (premium and tech package) 20x9 Forgestar F10's, ARK lowering springs, OEM LED DRL's, 5000k Fog lights, Luxury Badges, 35% tint
    2002 Audi A4 Avant w/ 2.0 Stroker, JE 83mm pistons, I.E rods, GT3071r turbo, methanol injection etc
    http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/8-...nown-work.html
    DIY: Lowering Springs Installation

Hi Avant, Thanks I saw that thread you were talking about as well.

The local shop here in Sacramento quoted me between 230-300 by only looking at the photo. Apparently it needs to be sent out for repair as the shop locally does not fix this wheel onsite. Thanks everyone, the curb mark is so minor but so annoying since I know its there. I also managed to scratch the front bumper during the 1st week of having this vehicle. I'm surprised on how low it sits from the factory.

Does anyone have any contacts of places in Southern California? Might be worth the drive for me!

Lube Jockey
    My dad curbed a chrome wheel from his Highlander and was told by several wheel/tire shops that it'd be cheaper to replace it than to fix it. To fix a chrome wheel, they have to take the chrome off, fix it, then re-chrome it (at least that's what the shops told me).

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by motoracer1486 View Post
    My dad curbed a chrome wheel from his Highlander and was told by several wheel/tire shops that it'd be cheaper to replace it than to fix it. To fix a chrome wheel, they have to take the chrome off, fix it, then re-chrome it (at least that's what the shops told me).
    Now that you mention I think believe that's right! I was thinking about non-chrome wheels.

Yeah apparently they have to strip it and then re-dip it in chrome, the shop here in Sac said that the EPA is forcing plating shops to close down due to the toxics that they put out. I got a quote to replace the wheel for 426.00. My initial thought was to replace the wheel, and use the "curbed" one as a full size spare since I don't have one. I will need to measure tonight to see if it would fit.

Do what I did, sand it down and buff it with polish. Wont be a perfect fix but unless your know what your looking for and up close no one will ever know. Cost you maybe 20 bucks to do it all, just an hour of your time. I did far worse damage to my rims and they look good afterwards

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements