Kia Optima Forums banner

Rim help

Tags
help rim
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Floger 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I've searched and couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with my rims? '14 SX-T stock.

Back end story goes...tires were recently changed. Tire installer (buddy) swears it's the clear coat breaking down.

Has anyone experienced this?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
weird. It looks like your gonna have to repaint them.

Sand down the areas good that are peeling. And then scuff the rest of the wheel.

Primer then whatever color you want. then clear (make sure you put thick coat of clear so that it doesn't come out with a matte finish

#3 ·
Your buddy is correct. The clear coat is going bad. The clear coat did this on my 2011 EX rims and "chipped" off in the car wash. It has happened to others on here and some were able to get the wheels replaced under warranty.

#4 ·
Thanks gents. Gonna head to the dealership later today.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Hey guys. I've searched and couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with my rims? '14 SX-T stock.

Back end story goes...tires were recently changed. Tire installer (buddy) swears it's the clear coat breaking down.

Has anyone experienced this?
Dealership took pics of the entire car not just the rims today. She's in mint condition. I'll apparently have to wait up to 4 weeks for an answer on whether they're going to do anything.

In the meantime, can anyone let me know if they've had this happen to them so I can use it for ammo please.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.