Any Stock suspension options yet
NEWS

  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

    Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Any Stock suspension options yet

  1. #1
    Riding Lawn Mower
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    60

    Any Stock suspension options yet

    My car is floaty as others have mentioned. Its been an issue from an early mileage.

    Should I bee looking at sway bars, and stabilizers, or replacing the OEM shocks?

    I know this question was posted a few years ago, and the answer was to skip stockish and go straight to megan or similar.
    I'm wondering if we finally another option now for OEM like, but better, more solid.
    Are there any decent (stockish) options to replace the OEM?

    I am not going for a racing look or feel, I just need my LX to maintain some level of composure over bumpy roads?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chatsworth, CA
    Posts
    25,520
    Year
    2015
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    We do offer the aftermarket sport struts and shocks that will dramatically increase the ride quality, if you have worn out struts or shocks currently. However, those are only designed to function with aftermarket lowering springs. Therefore if your vehicle is on stock springs and stock height, these would not work unfortunately. You can see more about the product we sell on our website here:

    Truhart Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Sport Strut/Shocks Combo - K5 Optima Store
    ​​





  4. #3
    Learner's Permit 98charlize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    phoenix AZ
    Posts
    106
    Year
    2011
    Make
    kia optima
    Model
    2011 optima lx
    Trim
    lx
    Quote Originally Posted by mmbnyc2003 View Post
    My car is floaty as others have mentioned. Its been an issue from an early mileage.

    Should I bee looking at sway bars, and stabilizers, or replacing the OEM shocks?

    I know this question was posted a few years ago, and the answer was to skip stockish and go straight to megan or similar.
    I'm wondering if we finally another option now for OEM like, but better, more solid.
    Are there any decent (stockish) options to replace the OEM?

    I am not going for a racing look or feel, I just need my LX to maintain some level of composure over bumpy roads?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    Part of the problem is flex. You are most likely feeling the front flex the most. I would do a Strut tower brace and if you want new shock then you might as well do springs while your in the area. I would go with a min drop. You would be surprised how much 1" can help in many aspects. The kits with spring and shocks are paired with the proper dampening for spring rate. David at k5optima store can get you set up with what need.

  5. The Following User Says Kudos to 98charlize For This Useful Post:


  6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

  7. #4
    Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chatsworth, CA
    Posts
    25,520
    Year
    2015
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by 98charlize View Post
    Part of the problem is flex. You are most likely feeling the front flex the most. I would do a Strut tower brace and if you want new shock then you might as well do springs while your in the area. I would go with a min drop. You would be surprised how much 1" can help in many aspects. The kits with spring and shocks are paired with the proper dampening for spring rate. David at k5optima store can get you set up with what need.
    Ahh, you do bring up a very valid point there, thank you for the input!
    ​​





  8. #5
    OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    DC Metro
    Posts
    2,780
    Year
    2014
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Hey David, is the suspension setup on the 2017 Hybrid different than the gas versions? Will there be a matching shock/spring setup available for the hybrid?

  9. #6
    K5 Optima Store Vendor Paul@K5OptimaStore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    587
    Year
    2013/2007
    Make
    Hyundai/Nissan
    Model
    Santa Fe/350z
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynerm002 View Post
    Hey David, is the suspension setup on the 2017 Hybrid different than the gas versions? Will there be a matching shock/spring setup available for the hybrid?
    Its not different that I know of, there isn't a TruHart set available for the 2017+ Optima though
    ​​





  10. #7
    OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    DC Metro
    Posts
    2,780
    Year
    2014
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Thanks.

  11. #8
    Learner's Permit Dubbayoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    198
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX w/Premium Technology pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    We do offer the aftermarket sport struts and shocks that will dramatically increase the ride quality, if you have worn out struts or shocks currently. However, those are only designed to function with aftermarket lowering springs. Therefore if your vehicle is on stock springs and stock height, these would not work unfortunately. You can see more about the product we sell on our website here:

    Truhart Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Sport Strut/Shocks Combo - K5 Optima Store
    Are the Truharts designed to improve ride over stock or just versus other springs?

  12. #9
    K5 Optima Store Vendor Paul@K5OptimaStore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    587
    Year
    2013/2007
    Make
    Hyundai/Nissan
    Model
    Santa Fe/350z
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbayoo View Post
    Are the Truharts designed to improve ride over stock or just versus other springs?
    TruHarts are designed to handle lowering springs and maintain ride quality. OEM shocks and struts are not designed to handle lowering springs therefore there is a sacrifice in ride quality using lowering springs on stock suspension. Stock springs can NOT be used with the TruHart shocks and struts
    ​​





  13. #10
    OptimaForums Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,061
    Year
    2012
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SX-T
    Trim
    Premium Touring Package
    Monroe and KYB make rear shocks, front stuts and front strut bearing plate options for an OEM ride. You also have the stock units as an option as well.

    344655 - KYB GR-2 / Excel-G Gas Shocks - Throwdown Performance - Throwdown Performance - The Race Starts & Finishes Here!

    However, if you want both a lowered look and a near stock comfortable ride, the TruHart struts/shocks and Eibach lowering springs are a good combination. I have both. K5OS is a good source for the TruHart/Eibach setup.
    Last edited by williamhood; 03-26-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    2012 Optima SX w/Premium Touring Pkg, "Spicy Red" | 59K miles
    Purchased 7/2012, built 3/13/2012 at GA plant.
    Mods: LAP3 UncleBoost ECU tune (Stage 1.5), HKS M40XL Plugs, Saikou Michi OCCs (PCV&Intake), Injen SRI w/hydro-shield, Nameless MP and CP, Theta2 TBS, CP-E CBE, UR Crank Pulley, Ultra Racing FSTB, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs w/TruHart Struts, Advanti Kudos rims,...
    (See my Showroom for details)

  14. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wide Rims with stock suspension?
    By Martinez213 in forum Optima Wheels, Tires and Suspension
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2015, 08:17 PM
  2. [WTB] : WTB Stock Suspension
    By jpwulf in forum Classified Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 09:02 PM
  3. [EX] : stock suspension picture needed.
    By KiaOp2012 in forum Optima Wheels, Tires and Suspension
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 03:30 PM
  4. [WTB] : Stock Suspension for 2011 LX
    By omalley72 in forum Classified Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 02:50 AM
  5. 19 or 20's with stock suspension?
    By vleest in forum Optima Wheels, Tires and Suspension
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2