Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus -- thoughts? - Page 3
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

    Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus -- thoughts?

  1. #21
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    308
    I replaced the OEM Nexen tires at 52k with a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires back in May. I've had them for about 7k miles and I agree with the comments, they are very good tires. I have not tried them on snow or ice yet but I expect them to perform better than the Nexen's. There was also a $60 rebate on a set of four tires, which I used to help off-set the cost of getting the wheels balanced correctly (see below)

    Right after the install I had some vibration in the steering wheel at high speeds but found out the wheels were not balanced correctly by the installer (even though they were using a Hunter balancer w/ RF). They re-balanced 3 times until I realized they either didn't know what they were doing or just didn't want to take the time to do a good job. I took my car to a more reputable wheel dealer using the same Hunter balancer w/ RF and no more vibration (was told prior shop placed the wheel weights in the wrong location).
    2012 KIA Optima EX (2.4L) with Premium Package *Bright Silver*

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22
    OptimaForums Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,116
    Year
    2014
    Model
    Optima-Black
    Trim
    SX-T Prem/Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by bakshi6 View Post
    I replaced the OEM Nexen tires at 52k with a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires back in May. I've had them for about 7k miles and I agree with the comments, they are very good tires. I have not tried them on snow or ice yet but I expect them to perform better than the Nexen's. There was also a $60 rebate on a set of four tires, which I used to help off-set the cost of getting the wheels balanced correctly (see below)

    Right after the install I had some vibration in the steering wheel at high speeds but found out the wheels were not balanced correctly by the installer (even though they were using a Hunter balancer w/ RF). They re-balanced 3 times until I realized they either didn't know what they were doing or just didn't want to take the time to do a good job. I took my car to a more reputable wheel dealer using the same Hunter balancer w/ RF and no more vibration (was told prior shop placed the wheel weights in the wrong location).
    I agree the RF balance is the only way to go!

    I also questioned the shop I went to once so I had it done by another place that did break the bead to re-adjust a tire that was off a bit and re-adjust it on the wheel to get it in the acceptable limit.

    Good to hear you like them!!!

  4. #23
    Learner's Permit Unit ZER0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Based out of a Top-Secret bunker in an undisclosed location
    Posts
    121
    Year
    2013
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    LX
    I looked at the P7s, but they were out of my price range at the time. I went with the AltiMax RT43 by General instead.
    I had them on my previous car, and loved them, they work marvelously in the snow, and will go through slush and puddles like a hot knife.
    They are also noticeably quieter.

    I have a set on my Optima right now, and they perform exactly like I hoped they would.
    Same great traction in the wet, and same low noise.

    I have no doubt they'll do just as well in the snow as my old cars did.
    ZER0

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Riding Lawn Mower
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    66
    Year
    2014
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-T
    I've put about 350km on the tires already (yup, lots of highway this weekend!). They're fantastic. So quiet I almost can't believe it, plus their traction on new pavement, rutted/patched old pavement, and wet pavement has been excellent. Is it as sticky as an UHP All Season or dedicated summer tire? No, but it also lasts 2-5x longer than those. It's plenty grippy though.
    Traction and noise on gravel roads was even quite good, as the road to the cottage is 18km of gravel and very tight turns and steep hills. The tires had no problem and the car stayed on its line without issue.

    Highly recommended - excellent tires!!

  7. #25
    OptimaForums Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,116
    Year
    2014
    Model
    Optima-Black
    Trim
    SX-T Prem/Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Curls View Post
    I've put about 350km on the tires already (yup, lots of highway this weekend!). They're fantastic. So quiet I almost can't believe it, plus their traction on new pavement, rutted/patched old pavement, and wet pavement has been excellent. Is it as sticky as an UHP All Season or dedicated summer tire? No, but it also lasts 2-5x longer than those. It's plenty grippy though.
    Traction and noise on gravel roads was even quite good, as the road to the cottage is 18km of gravel and very tight turns and steep hills. The tires had no problem and the car stayed on its line without issue.

    Highly recommended - excellent tires!!
    Sounding good so far - Thanks!

  8. #26
    Learner's Permit
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    110
    Year
    2015
    Make
    Kia Optima
    Model
    2015 Kia Optima
    Trim
    None
    I had some pirelli tires like you are asking on my Last Kia.
    They are some fine tires.

    But the Continental Control Trac Tour tires that Discount tire suggested was a lot better riding tire.

    I think the tires I have by continental on my car are 225/60r/16
    Think it came with something like 195/70/16
    Don't remember for sure and its dark outside.
    But the Continental road a little weird when I 1st had them put on at Discount tire.
    The more I rode on them the better they got.
    Think I have like 8500 miles on them.
    Had them rotated a couple months ago.
    They showed very little wear.
    If I remember correctly they are 90,000 tires
    And they quietened the road noise out more than the pirelli tires did.

    Good Luck.

  9. #27
    Riding Lawn Mower
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13
    Just put a pair on my 2013 optima sxl. I went a size up, so 235/18/45. So far it has been a great tire. Super quite and grips really well in the rain as well as dry pavement. Can't comment on the snow just yet, but soon. I heard the tread doesn't last that long, but I will have to wait to see. I have never had a nice tire that grips that made it over 50,000 miles. So we will see. But wow are they quiet on the road.

  10. #28
    Riding Lawn Mower
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    81
    Year
    2014
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Just wanted to throw my 2 cents and helped here as well. I just recently got new Kumho Solus TA71 tires. Amazing tires with great grip and much quieter than stock. I bought them at wheelworks. The reason I went there is that they're willing to price match online. So I got very good price at $612 total including installation and everything for 4 tires. They're normally $125-$130 each, but I got it for $119 by price matching with tirebuyer.com. I believed they fit every criteria you asked for and have good ratings at tirerack and everywhere else. Though you bought the tires already, just fyi.
    Last edited by SXLoptima; 09-29-2016 at 01:19 AM.

  11. #29
    Driver's License mpalomba3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Staten island, NY
    Posts
    358
    Year
    2016
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX (Premium Pack)
    Quote Originally Posted by SXLoptima View Post
    Just wanted to throw my 2 cents and helped here as well. I just recently got new Kumho Solus TA71 tires. Amazing tires with great grip and much quieter than stock. I bought them at wheelworks. The reason I went there is that they're willing to price match online. So I got very good price at $612 total including installation and everything for 4 tires. They're normally $125-$130 each, but I got it for $119 by price matching with tirebuyer.com. I believed they fit every criteria you asked for and have good ratings at tirerack and everywhere else. Though you bought the tires already, just fyi.
    Yeah those are the tires I mentioned before, they've been great


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #30
    Learner's Permit bad habit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    254
    Year
    2014
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-T
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalomba3 View Post
    Yeah those are the tires I mentioned before, they've been great


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just ordered a set of 4 from TireBuyer 225/45R18 Extra Load 95/W
    Used code "RMN8" and got 8% off, free shipping. Plus there is a $60 rebate.
    So total after everything (minus install costs) comes to $458.

    Looking forward to a quieter ride, very tired of the noise from the stock tires

  13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Those with Pirelli P7 plus
    By OptimaPea in forum Optima Wheels, Tires and Suspension
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-02-2016, 03:23 PM
  2. Photos of Pirelli P7 AS on SX or SXL
    By Brian_C6 in forum Optima Wheels, Tires and Suspension
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 08:06 PM
  3. Optima Hybrid - 20" with PIRELLI PZERO
    By lozispe in forum Optima Pictures and Videos
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
  4. Kia Wraps Up First Season of Pirelli World Challenge on High Note
    By My13OptimaSXL in forum Optima General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
  5. Kia Racing Pirelli World Challenge Race Today!
    By amandanator in forum Optima General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2