You guys have me nervous
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You guys have me nervous

Riding Lawn Mower

You guys have me nervous

I have lowered every car I have ever owned. I now have a brand new set of Eibachs with updated front springs both un opened in my trunk. I am very hesitant to lower this car now. I was looking into getting some Genesis coupe wheels for it but I dont know now. Hearing a lot of ride quality complaints as wheel handling issues on un even pavement. I live in NY so the roads up here are not the prettiest. I just dont want that slammed look where car is sitting on the wheels to the point it looks like the springs broke. I want that neat look where you still run your hand over the top of your tire. What do you guys think? with Genesis staggered 19s??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Sx
    Im in the same boat as you. Just ordered a set of eibachs this weekend waiting on them to come in. Eibachs seem like the best choice when lowering the car with springs from what I can tell for a mild drop
    mods so far
    injen intake, drls with switch, stage 2 led kit, front swithcback led's, nameless downpipe\midpipe, cp-e catback, led door handle mod,led tail light mod, led bumpers led cup holder mod, luxon strut bar, mirror module, 2 occ, bov plate mod, BTRcc tune, 18" Falken RT-7M wrapped in Michelin Primacy MXM4's dropped on eibach springs and custom intercooler setup.

OptimaForums Veteran NewKiaSXOwner's Avatar
    Eibachs are your best choice IMO.. It wont look slammed... Search for eibach springs and members have posted before and after shots.. Ark springs give it a nice drop as well..
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Link to Mods. NewKiaSxOwner's Garage

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Banned
    Redhorse is on Genesis 19's and Eibach's. The car has that exact look that you're going for. Pull the trigger and you won't regret it. In the meantime, just look through his pictures and you'll see for yourself.

I feel the same way honestly so you're not alone. I remember one member who went with the Sonata Eibachs but I can't remember what the results were. I do allot of highway driving for work. 50 miles one way so I am not sure what I want to do. Luckily about 38 of that just finished with reconstruction so it's fairly smooth. It's the city roads I sometimes frequent that worry me. I have GenCoupe 19's too...Some members have had issues with rubbing while others haven't with these wheels. This summer I am going with a narrower tires on the rear 235/40/19. Original factory rears are 245/40/19 Bridgestones.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPD SX View Post
    I have lowered every car I have ever owned. I now have a brand new set of Eibachs with updated front springs both un opened in my trunk. I am very hesitant to lower this car now. I was looking into getting some Genesis coupe wheels for it but I dont know now. Hearing a lot of ride quality complaints as wheel handling issues on un even pavement. I live in NY so the roads up here are not the prettiest. I just dont want that slammed look where car is sitting on the wheels to the point it looks like the springs broke. I want that neat look where you still run your hand over the top of your tire. What do you guys think? with Genesis staggered 19s??
    Quote Originally Posted by stargtsi View Post
    Im in the same boat as you. Just ordered a set of eibachs this weekend waiting on them to come in. Eibachs seem like the best choice when lowering the car with springs from what I can tell for a mild drop
    I'm also the same as you two. I just ordered a set of E's the other day. Now it makes me wonder is this the best idea. Others have mentioned the bottoming out and sacrificing the ride quality. I don't know to what degree this is. Of course when you run 19's and 20's with loaf bread thin sidewalls the ride will be crap on a less than perfect road. I bought mine as a family car for trips and such as well as a daily commute and not wanting to give up much ride quality.

A lot of hate on slammed cars these days...

makes me a sad Starbucks. :*( I work with many people on a daily basis who drive upper tier vehicles such as Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Maserati - every single one of them has ridden in my car after I lowered it has mentioned how smooth it rides and how it compares to their car. Don't put too much stock in the old wives tales and watercolor chit-chat.

Just some food for thought.
    -Asher
    Last edited by starbucks; 01-26-2013 at 07:33 AM.

OptimaForums Veteran NewKiaSXOwner's Avatar
    Yea someone mentioned about bottoming out with Eibachs.

Your not going to bottom out period.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Link to Mods. NewKiaSxOwner's Garage

LED MASTER
    01/2013 ROTM
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    K5
    Trim
    KS-EX
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKiaSXOwner View Post
    Yea someone mentioned about bottoming out with Eibachs.

Your not going to bottom out period.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Run over a dip going fast you will bottom out!!!

Lot Attendant
    Hey Guys, I'm planning to get the Storm Lowering Coils. are they good? It will lower the car about 4cm but i'm not sure how it will affect the ride....any thoughts??!?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast