Kia Optima Forums banner

Interest in Custom Pillar Pods?

54K views 165 replies 38 participants last post by  zalanreilly 
#1 ·
Hey fellas Happy Saturday! So i contacted a company today that makes custom pillar pods and told them we had a quite a few members that would probably be interested. They are going to be contacting kia on monday to get an a-pillar to make a prototype. They seem really eager to make this happen. I checked out their work and they make single, double, and triple cup pillar pods for vehicles like STI's, EVO'S, BRZ's, Gen coupes, and Velosters. If you are interested please let me know. Oh, and would any of you happen to know if the Sonata and Optima a-pillars are the same?

#16 ·
I'm game. Let me know. Im eager to see pictures, prototype or otherwise!

#17 ·
Single for me:) maybe double. But probably just single lol. Like to keep the subtle luxury/sport feel. 3 pods and I feel like a tuner or I need to jump in an Evo or something. 2 pods is working up to that. But still do able. My opinion ofcourse.

#29 ·
So here is what he has put together so far. As far as the color goes he is trying to get ahold of the paint to match our interior. These are made from oem pillars so theres perfect fitment. What do you guys think?

Attachments

#35 ·
I emailed him about the angle of the pods just waiting on an answer. Im guessing that because they are located low on the pillar we would still be able to read them? As for the triple pod, he wanted to see the interest on these so if enough of us are interested im sure he will be make single and triple as well, but ill ask him just to be sure

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Same question, how is the angle? From the pics it looks like it would be a little off. However I've never had my A pillar off and looked at it much.
I'll get back to you guys about the angle as soon as i hear back from him.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

What would the prize be for these pods
No price yet but i'll keep you guys updated :D

#39 ·
So, would he be willing to make the passenger side pillar with no pods so you have a matching pair? My stock have a cloth material, I think it would look nicer than having one side plastic and one not, IDK though, never installed one of these on any of my previous cars before. I've always custom mounted my gauges in the past...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.