2011 Optima LX shifter knob?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Optima LX shifter knob?

2011 Optima LX shifter knob?

I just bought a new Optima LX, 6spd standard shift and was wondering if anyone has put a new shifter know or throw arm on. I was looking to at least change the knob to something wrapped completely in leather. Thanks ahead of time bros

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Not leather, but I've ordered one of the aluminum shift knobs from Shark Racing for my LX. I don't think you can look under the Optima section and find it, though. They haven't updated that. I just searched for knob on their site after mentioning I was looking for something and they responded here.

Finding anything locally is going to be nearly impossible. No-one seems to have anything that accommodates the reverse lockout.

By the way, welcome. Westlake here. Dark Cherry LX. You'll most often see me on 90E-490E-77S in the AM. Reverse that in the PM. See ya round town.

Are there any shift knobs that aren't completely metal so that I don't burn my hands after the car sits in the sun?
    2011 Optima LX Ebony Black 6MT - K5 Rebadge - Wolo Air Maxx - NeoTech Lowering Springs

Momo makes a bunch of knobs for our car, but they are salty. I haven't found any worth the price yet, IMO. That reverse lockout ring really limits our options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    '11 Platinum Graphite LX M6
    18" MB Boost Rims, Roadruns grille, K5 Spoiler, "K" badges, 8k HIDs, Fogs, Blazer horns, Kenwood DNX-6180, Sound Ordnance P-67's, 12" Audiobahn Sub

Is the shift knob screwed on like other knobs or is there a certain way to take it off? I don't have my car so I can't go and check but I would like to know before I get my car back. And will universal knobs without the reverse lockout ring work with our cars?

Also if there are any links to shift knobs with the reverse lock out, please post.

Thanks
    2011 Optima LX Ebony Black 6MT - K5 Rebadge - Wolo Air Maxx - NeoTech Lowering Springs

7. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements