Genesis 2.0 Turbo and Optima 2.0T engines
NEWS
 

  1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

    Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Genesis 2.0 Turbo and Optima 2.0T engines

  1. #1
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Round Rock TX
    Posts
    366

    Genesis 2.0 Turbo and Optima 2.0T engines

    Just wondering about the differences between the Genesis and Optima engines.. A buddy told me about a site called GenRacer dot com. Its dedicated to improving the performance of the Hyundai Genesis. They have some nice performance parts for the Genesis 2.0T engine.

    I dont know a lot about turbo 4 cyls, so if someone wants to check it out and maybe post some info on what may work in our cars. I would appreciate it.

    Thanks.

    J.
    2012 Black Noir Pearl Hyundai Gegesis 5.0 W/Technology PKG
    SOLD - 2011 Snow White Optima SX w/Premium Touring package
    2008 Magnetic Gray Metallic Pontiac G8 GT

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    11/2011 ROTM Phife9355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kingsland GA
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
    Just wondering about the differences between the Genesis and Optima engines.. A buddy told me about a site called GenRacer dot com. Its dedicated to improving the performance of the Hyundai Genesis. They have some nice performance parts for the Genesis 2.0T engine.

    I dont know a lot about turbo 4 cyls, so if someone wants to check it out and maybe post some info on what may work in our cars. I would appreciate it.

    Thanks.

    J.
    The Genesis Coupe 2.0T is a Theta I motor. It has a single scroll turbo and doesn't have direct injection. The Optima motor is the Theta II, which has a twin scroll turbo and direction injection. The Theta block used is very similar to the Mitsubishi Evolution X 4B11T. The ECU are totally different for the two cars also. They don't share any bolt-on parts beside the same type of BOV. The Genesis coupe is going to have the same motor in the 2013 model year, so maybe then we way see parts that the two could share.

  4. #3
    Driver's License
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Round Rock TX
    Posts
    366
    Thanks Phife, I knew it was too good to be true..
    2012 Black Noir Pearl Hyundai Gegesis 5.0 W/Technology PKG
    SOLD - 2011 Snow White Optima SX w/Premium Touring package
    2008 Magnetic Gray Metallic Pontiac G8 GT

  5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Lot Attendant SnowWhiteEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Phife9355 View Post
    The Genesis Coupe 2.0T is a Theta I motor. It has a single scroll turbo and doesn't have direct injection. The Optima motor is the Theta II, which has a twin scroll turbo and direction injection. The Theta block used is very similar to the Mitsubishi Evolution X 4B11T. The ECU are totally different for the two cars also. They don't share any bolt-on parts beside the same type of BOV. The Genesis coupe is going to have the same motor in the 2013 model year, so maybe then we way see parts that the two could share.
    Good info. Are they planning to ditch the 3.8 or up the horsepower in it as well? I can't see them keeping the 3.8 the way it is with the 2.0 nudging so close to it in HP.

  7. #5
    11/2011 ROTM Phife9355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kingsland GA
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteEX View Post
    Good info. Are they planning to ditch the 3.8 or up the horsepower in it as well? I can't see them keeping the 3.8 the way it is with the 2.0 nudging so close to it in HP.
    The 3.8 is getting direct injection also at the same time to get to 333hp. There has also been a test mule running around with a Magnuson supercharger

  8. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements
     

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Cold-Start rattle/buzz Turbocharged Engines is NOT NORMAL!
    By Jer in forum Optima General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 10:04 PM
  2. Oil Change Interval on DIC for EX & SX Turbo vs Non-turbo Engines
    By OptimaSX in forum Entertainment: Audio, Navigation, and Electronics
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 01:19 AM
  3. New Optima SX Turbo Owner!
    By tmo1138 in forum Optima General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 05:28 PM
  4. Anyone actually bought a optima turbo yet?
    By bronco7777 in forum Optima General Discussion
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
  5. kia optima turbo
    By SpecialK in forum Optima General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2