Tuning is in process!!!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tuning is in process!!!

Exclamation Tuning is in process!!!

I SPOKE WITH THE GUYS FROM PowerAXEL and they are working on tuning as we speak. They're almost done with the Sonata 2.0t and will be starting on the Optima shortly. Even though the Sonata and Optima have the same engine there ECU's send out different data. Hopefully it wont be long. They will be making tunes for stock and upgraded cars. I cant wait and I now y'all cant either... Just thought I'd share this with everybody....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    what kinda pwr increase are they they looking for?
    2012 Black Noir Pearl Hyundai Gegesis 5.0 W/Technology PKG
    SOLD - 2011 Snow White Optima SX w/Premium Touring package
    2008 Magnetic Gray Metallic Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie View Post
    what kinda pwr increase are they they looking for?
    Not sure but they are making a tune for stock cars and also for upgraded Optima 2.0t. Stock tuning probably wont be as as much or as sufficient as people with upgrades. For instance; TurboBack Exhaust, Charge Pipe w/ Synchronic BOV, NP Intercooler, NP Intake and K&N Filter. You can get all these parts at...

Nameless Performance Inc.

Excellent American Made Parts for the price!!!

Riding Lawn Mower
    Quote Originally Posted by HODGES81 View Post
    Not sure but they are making a tune for stock cars and also for upgraded Optima 2.0t. Stock tuning probably wont be as as much or as sufficient as people with upgrades. For instance; TurboBack Exhaust, Charge Pipe w/ Synchronic BOV, NP Intercooler, NP Intake and K&N Filter. You can get all these parts at...

Nameless Performance Inc.

Excellent American Made Parts for the price!!!
    Not sure what this post/plug was all about, I am tuning in for tuning results!

Post some before/after numbers when you get them?

Dooooo Ittttt....

Learner's Permit
    im betting they will do a conservative tune at 18-19 psi which will probably make a 30hp increase and then do a 20-22psi tune that could make as much as 60-75hp and 80 trq increase. Its a guess, whether the motor can handle it or not is up to how you guys drive and what material the motors internals are made of.

Veteran Master Tech Black_V!per's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaJoe View Post
    im betting they will do a conservative tune at 18-19 psi which will probably make a 30hp increase and then do a 20-22psi tune that could make as much as 60-75hp and 80 trq increase. Its a guess, whether the motor can handle it or not is up to how you guys drive and what material the motors internals are made of.
    Just posted dyno of a '11 KIA Optima Turbo on nameless site.

Wonder if i could fit a turbo on my Hybrid?
    Current Driver:
    2011 KIA Optima Hybrid (K5 Loaded) - Satin Metallic (04/11)
    Current Toy: 1991 Chevy Blazer 4x4 Full Size (K5) Silverado V8 350ci - Dark Gray Metallic (09/90)
    Previous Rides: {95 Chevy S-10 Blazer 06-07}{96 Jeep Grand Cherokee 07-08}{08 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport 08-11}

Learner's Permit
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_V!per View Post
    Just posted dyno of a '11 KIA Optima Turbo on nameless site.

Wonder if i could fit a turbo on my Hybrid?

link>?

Is it the one that was posted in July? If so is that with a tune or without?
    I cant tell from what they said. It looks as if they just did a baseline and then threw a ton of bolt ons on and re ran on the dyno to see if there was an increase.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaJoe View Post
    Factory psi is 17.8
    2012 Genesis R-Spec sedan
    2011 Civic EX
    2012 Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Autography - 40 Cars in 32 years of driving. http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779744

10. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements