[SX] : 2013 Optima SX power problem
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Optima SX power problem

2013 Optima SX power problem

just bought a 2013 Kia Optima SX it had 7 miles when we bought it. not sure if this is a common problem coming out of the factory but i'll post anyways. me and my wife noticed after a couple days that we were definitely not getting 100% out of our car and that the engine was a lot louder than when we first bought it. almost sounded like we took the air box off and could hear it from the cabin. so we scheduled an appointment with the dealer to troubleshoot the problem. as it turns out, the hose going from the intercooler to the throttle body was disconnected and the clamp was just sitting there not tightened. dont know how this came from the factory or out the dealership unnoticed but im glad it was fixed. on another note i'm kinda disappointed that we had to pay for a rental car because kia will not provide a loaner. doesnt make sense that we paid for a 34000 dollar car and on top of that we have to pay for a rental because of a factory defect. other than that im just glad we got our car back and working

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

I would go back and demand refund for rental. If not, I would state...is this how KIA treats new buyers when there is a manufacture defect? Tell them about that survey they send out that they always ask you to give them 10's. Say they will be all ZEROs

Bazinga!
    Model
    Optima
    Crap happens. It was something they missed over there in georgia. You might get reimbursed if you call corporate and tell them whats up.

wow i been here in this forum for along time and ever since they started making this cars in georgia workmanship has gone down hill... oh well like evil said **** happens. maybe later on as an upgrade gets some t-bots clamps

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Usually Kia corporate offices will pay for a loaner car if it's a situation like yours. However the dealer will not pay for it so you need to make sure to contact corporate offices

Shuttle Driver
    My dealer's business & finance dude told me Kia DOES NOT provide rentals while they fix your car... "they're not there financially as a company..."

For other reasons, I bought a 'mechanical protection plan' and IT will pay for a rental.

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by jestmaty View Post
    My dealer's business & finance dude told me Kia DOES NOT provide rentals while they fix your car... "they're not there financially as a company..."

For other reasons, I bought a 'mechanical protection plan' and IT will pay for a rental.
    This absolutely is not true as I've had Kia corporate send over authorization to my dealer for a rental car from Enterprise. The dealer pays up front but is reimbursed by corporate. I have also had the dealer provide me with one of their loaner cars on site several times.

Learner's Permit
    I gotta tell ya,your dealership sucks. Mine let me take home a SXL for a weekend test drive, another one for the day after we verbally came to terms until I could come to sign the paperwork later. They gave me another loaner 2 days later while they put the tint on the windows. Without question they would provide one in the scenario you described

Quote Originally Posted by bh_trade View Post
    I gotta tell ya,your dealership sucks. Mine let me take home a SXL for a weekend test drive, another one for the day after we verbally came to terms until I could come to sign the paperwork later. They gave me another loaner 2 days later while they put the tint on the windows. Without question they would provide one in the scenario you described

Just depends on the dealership. My dealership provides loaners as well. Had one while my windows were being tinted.

2013 Snow White Pearl Optima SX Limited
    Tint 35% Front, 10% Back, 5% Rear
    Plasti dipped sxl grille & side vents
    Concept III stage 2 Interior, reverse, and LP LEDs
    H8 Xenon 5000k fog lights
    3.0 CF front/rear emblems. Sick BMW mirror module
    LED reflectors: install date TBD
    TSW Nurburgring Matte 20x8.5, 245/35/20 Falken Azenis FK453

Learner's Permit dieseltechodfl's Avatar
    I would call kia xorporate and tell them they can screw off on a payment for the cost of your rental. I'm sure the dealer had the car a lot longer than they needed it to find and repair the clamp. It should have been a 5 minute fix. I'm getting kind of dissappointed in the service that kia provides. But I tell you what. If you are a day late on a payment I bet they will be on top of that like a fly on sh1t. .

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements