Kia Optima Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Albums Showcase items About

• · Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    joesyah,
    I think the OP to the KIA lease thread is a troll. His hit and run tactics are the clue.

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    Joesyah,
    How's the new Veloster working out and how are you? Can you confirm the reports of Hyundai Dymos building a new plant at West Point?
    Mel

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    I like that car and the color. There was a Veloster at the local dealership in a battleship gray that looked real good. I think you will be happy with the car. I have nothing bad to say about either my Hyundai or Kia. Did you keep the KOH?

· Registered
    145 Posts
    Hey joesyah
    If I've read correctly you work for KiA?
    Hope you don't mind, but do you know of any 100% fixes for the twitchy Highway Steering (constant overcorrection..first to lt. than to rt. back to lt.)
    that many have posted about.
    Any talk about this issue or stiffness of steering...more noticable on highway?
    Thanks! Appreciate any help or info.
    teman

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    Been doing some research over at the Hyundai Forums site and Dimensions have been mentioned. In fact, Harman International is the main supplier to Hyundai/Kia. Harman International makes JBL and Infinity speakers. Most of their speakers are 2 ohm and just the trick for upgrading a Hyundai/Kia OEM head unit. From what I understand, most of the new OEM systems are lower ohm rated than several years ago. By upgrading to the JBL or Infinity speakers you will get better sound than any 4 ohm speaker out there.

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    Hew are you? I posted a discussion question on upgrading my speakers. I talked with my Hyundai service tech and he said, "be careful."Hyundai/Kia uses some type of "pulse"alternating current from the head unit to the speakers. New one on me! Can you tell me what that means and who makes the speakers for the 6 speaker non-navigation system. I do know Hyundai/Kia use Infinity on their higher end models and they spec at 2 ohm and are called "true 4 ohm."That could account for the "pulse"the tech was talking about.
    Mel

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    joesyah, I have included an email contact for the EPA for voicing your concerns on ethanol.
    EPAFuelsPrograms@epa.gov

Mel

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    I have posted pictures to "My Garage" of our new Optima. Don't mind the 2006 Tucson in the background.
    Mel

· Registered
    2013 EX
    356 Posts
    I thought it would be good to friend you, fellow Georgian and all. Do I recall correctly that you work at the West Point plant?
    Mel Parr

· Registered
    943 Posts
    Thanks, that's the look I was going for. Lol..I didn't want to go overboard. Compared too my 16s the ride is rougher. I'm slowly adjusting.
    I do miss the quietness and comfort of the 16's, even though I can't stand they way the stock rims look.
    Several people commented that they thought I was driving a new BMW instead of a KIA.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…