Bye bye 2007 A4: I finally took delivery of my loaded SX! (pics)
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye 2007 A4: I finally took delivery of my loaded SX! (pics)

Jer

Bye bye 2007 A4: I finally took delivery of my loaded SX! (pics)

Happened a few nights ago but I haven't posted yet. I was waiting for a loaded Spicy Red SX for a couple months and they finally got in a base model Spicy Red adn when I saw the color in person it wasn't what I wanted. It was more maroon than what I was looking for but this was good news because it meant they wait was over. The same dealership also had a Satin Metalic equipped exactly as I wanted with only 50 miles on it. We worked out the numbers (it was a battle) but I ended up getting $500 more for my A4 than I paid for it 2.5yrs ago and I also got well below MSRP for the SX plus Kia financing and $1k in rebates so in all, I'm stoked. That night I ordered the LED DRLs w/driving light cover to install them, some OEM all weather floor mats (great thing to have in Colorado) and some K badges to do the swap. I will also likely wire the door handles for the LED lights that light them up at night. I also spent an afternoon/evening to custom hardwire my Passport radar detector and will include a picture of how that turned out. Other than that I don't have too many plans for mods as I plan to keep this car pretty tame. I have a couple pics of my car (you can see the A4 I traded in next to it in the one) and will get some better pics up at some point.

Here's the new car w/the A4 in the background:

He she was all nestled in for her first night in her new home:

Here's the center stack where you can see the Passport Mute button:

A little closer shot of the mute/lockout button install w/the panel out:

And finally a pic I took today when I saw an R8 in my mirrors:

...not too bad for a camera phone while I was driving on the highway if I do say so myself.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Looks nice man. I traded in a '10 Audi Q5 for the Optima SX. Love it. Finally got sick of the issues with my Audi.

Welcome aboard
    Corsa Blue SX
    Prem & Tech Package

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran cwoptima11's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Nice, love the look in silver - had it been around (mine was the only one for a long time) when I purchased I probably would have also selected.
    _Good catch with the R8!
    Chris (aka cwoptima11) - 2016 Ford Explorer LIMITED
    HAD - 2011 Optima SX Corsa Blue(12/10 Build date) - 13% Tint, LED interior lighting, "Big Boy" horn, T badge. BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp2 235/45/18
    - 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI (45 MPG FWY) - (Traded 2011 JSW TDI)

Learner's Permit
    I'm starting to like the Satin Metal more and more...

Riding Lawn Mower
    Sweet, thats the color that I wanted but they are hard to come by. Ended up Settling for platinum graphite SX with Nav and all of the other bells and whistles...

Jer
    Quote Originally Posted by cwoptima11 View Post
    Nice, love the look in silver - had it been around (mine was the only one for a long time) when I purchased I probably would have also selected.
    _Good catch with the R8!
    Thanks, I was really happy with the way that shot turned out considering all that was in play. When I looked at it I thought it looked like something you would see in a magazine so I was happy with how cool it turned out and thought I would share. For some reason when I uploaded to Picasa it cut the bottom part off of it but the whole picture is complete on the original version.

Quote Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
    I'm starting to like the Satin Metal more and more...
    Tell me about it. It was my #3 color when I started this whole process and quickly bumped to my #1 by quite a bit. It may have been closer for me with the Spicy red if it were more red and less maroon and it would been closer to the blue if two of my buddies didn't have a blue one already. As it is I'm glad I ended up deciding on this color because it's grown on me a lot since I got it.

I already got my donation certificate in the mail today to get these plates on it too:

..should look good.

I have to agree, that shot of the R8 is sick. Beautiful skies, green ground, contrasting colors and a metaphor that is the KIA having the R8 in it's side view mirror. Yeap, with the new designer, Kia's are sure to leave many audi's in the dust (aesthetically speaking).
    :: 2011 EX Optima Black // Tech + Navi PKG ::

"If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?"
    -
    John Wooden

Riding Lawn Mower
    Man I'm glad I bought a Corsa Blue Loaded SX, I almost bought an new A4. Most people I hear either traded in their Audi or BMW for these cars.

Jer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nufonix View Post
    I have to agree, that shot of the R8 is sick. Beautiful skies, green ground, contrasting colors and a metaphor that is the KIA having the R8 in it's side view mirror. Yeap, with the new designer, Kia's are sure to leave many audi's in the dust (aesthetically speaking).
    Thanks. I was pretty surprised with how well the picture turned out after I got home and was looking at them (it's one thing to snap a pic while driving but to actually look at them after is quite another ).

Quote Originally Posted by zilairin View Post
    Man I'm glad I bought a Corsa Blue Loaded SX, I almost bought an new A4. Most people I hear either traded in their Audi or BMW for these cars.
    It's personal preference. I'm sure you'll read stories of people trading in their 2011 Kia Optima SX for Audis in a year or two. What I can tell you though is that as the cars stand now my loaded SX feels like a better car than my Audi and I'm still blown away that I'm making such comments because I have believed for years that Audi was near the top in the world as interior design was concerned. I still can't get over how old and outdated this car made my 2007 Audi feel. I'm sure the others will go back to the drawing board and we'll start to see some amazing things in the years to come but at Audi & BMW prices. They think they can rest on their laurels and rest their future on their name plates but that's the same thing American manufacturers did for decades and it finally caught up with them. The consumer demands a better car for less money and if the big names won't do it then the smaller or more entry level manufacturers who are in tune with the buyer's pulse will step up to the plate. Kia has hit it out of the park on their first major attempt to break away from simple point A to point B commuter car though. Congratulations Kia!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast