Why are so many people leaving the Optima? - Page 22
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are so many people leaving the Optima?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Asher: thats not an Optima anymore lol. That's just a handsome looking race car. Give me any decent car, and give me the money that went into turning a stock Optima into that, and I guarantee you anyone could build a race-car.
    Actually it's a FWD race car competing and winning against rwd competition with the same crazy amount of money dumped into them. Yeah it's got potential on the track and the street. Some of us just want to wring out more power and its totally capable of being a fast sedan.
    Really jasper you have a non turbo your opinions on the performance end aren't needed in every thread. You don't care about having a fast car we get it and that's why you bought what you did. Some of us bought the turbo to build a performance sedan. I could of bought a german prebuilt but i like the look of the optima better and its different.
    I can't believe that a lot of the optima guys whine about modding this car. The Sonata guys are much more open to performance mods I would think it would be the other way....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Being awesome every day! Jasper's Avatar
    Asher & apwrx: Throw your wallets at it then. The KIA race team did it, so you can do it right? You guys complain that this car has no performance parts or support, but you posted a picture of one thats completely race transformed.

apwrx: think your special because you could afford to buy a turbo when i couldn't? I would have loved the turbo, and you know what maybe after the warranty ends it might become a 2.4T.

BTW the majority of us are not complaining about mods because we are happy to have what we have. YOU guys are the ones whining how the mods on the 2 year old KIA Optima don't stack up to those of a damm Evo or whatever.
    2013 Satin Metal KOH LX

Debadged
    Weathertech floormats
    K&N drop-in filter
    Secondary Filter removed
    More to come......

I support the K5 Optima Store
    for all my car part needs.

lol fwd performance sedan ... like a low level IsF? jk jk has anyone even checked what the block is made out of? bore size possibility? cam lobes? tried different turbo set ups? I mean **** we having fund raisers for guys just blowing his first motor. There's no performance mods because you haven't created them yet. I'd rather a 2.6 block and 10k red line over whatever you think you can build in a turbo set up mostly why I put money to see this motor build

Most people (Hi Ladies) aren't taking these chances yet because the car is still relativity new and parts aren't cheap. People with that disposable income aren't into an optima
    Best thing I ever had a ASE teacher say....Don't ever underestimate the power of cool on a car.

13 black ex
    97 DC2 t3/t4 build

@ Jasper I don't know your financial situation, I wasn't taking a shot at you in that manner. I figured you got what you did cause thats what you wanted. I apologize for the confusion.
    @ Ahiga. I know it's not going to be a track monster but it can be a mid to low 13 sec car that handles pretty darn good.thats all I want and what I would consider a performance sedan. I think a lot of you sell the car short. I think it's a fantastic car and do enjoy the darn thing. I just want it a bit quicker. You know say faster than at least a Toyota corolla.....

lol i agree with you on that
    Best thing I ever had a ASE teacher say....Don't ever underestimate the power of cool on a car.

13 black ex
    97 DC2 t3/t4 build

2012 Optima SX SWP
    SOLD- 2011 Optima LX PremiumGraphite

G4z808's Showroom

Quad projector retrofit

Being awesome every day! Jasper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apwrx View Post
    @ Jasper I don't know your financial situation, I wasn't taking a shot at you in that manner. I figured you got what you did cause thats what you wanted. I apologize for the confusion.
    Yeah couldn't afford anything better. Had just gotten done with college. Do i want an American muscle V8 that can spin 'em all the way through 60 mph? Hellz yeah? Can I give up the Optimas looks? not likely!

Quote Originally Posted by G4z808 View Post
    hehe
    2013 Satin Metal KOH LX

Debadged
    Weathertech floormats
    K&N drop-in filter
    Secondary Filter removed
    More to come......

I support the K5 Optima Store
    for all my car part needs.

OptimaForums Veteran
    I have no problem with guys wanting to make their car into whatever performance level they want. I've wasted tons of money on performance mods on other cars I've owned (lol all RWD though).

I do have a problem with them complaining Kia didn't do it for them. Or that other companies aren't supporting it in the after market for them. It is not their obligation to do so and it doesn't diminish the qualities that the Optima had in the first place.

i bet its aluminum .... aren't there companies that will build you custom cams ? should look into that maybe $800 and your gonna feel that power

13 black ex
    97 DC2 t3/t4 build

Learner's Permit Walter the Texas Aggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
    I have no problem with guys wanting to make their car into whatever performance level they want. I've wasted tons of money on performance mods on other cars I've owned (lol all RWD though).

I do have a problem with them complaining Kia didn't do it for them. Or that other companies aren't supporting it in the after market for them. It is not their obligation to do so and it doesn't diminish the qualities that the Optima had in the first place.
    right on. We live in a capitalistic economy. Kia is making cars that appeal to a larger audience so they can sell more units and make more money. After market companies will spend more developing mod products when they feel comfortable they can make a decent return on their investment. It is not Kia's fault that other non related companies are not making enough aftermarket parts to quench our thirst. Personally I am happy with Kia for making the optima the way it is and it is a great balance of luxury performance style and price for me. You can compare them to other cars mentioned previously but they have a different balance (more cost more performance less luxury less style, for example). Other people may have a different opinion and that is ok. I just don't appreciate people on a Kia forum continually bashing Kia and the optima which is a Debbie downer to the rest of us. An occasional gripe is worthy and accepted because others may have the same gripe and somebody might actually have a remedy. If you think the more you complain the quicker Kia will fix it please do us all a favor and put a cork in it. Kia will respond better to the same complaint by many people so if that is your strategy, complain directly to Kia. I am going to quit reading this thread as it has become a bickering argument that is not worth my time to read any more. I'm going to read some more on the utune performance upgrade that k5 optima store is selling (no I don't work for them and have not accepted any compensation for that plug, for all those negative conspiracy theory people venting in this thread). Later and good luck for what makes you happy in a car.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements