Kia Optima Forums banner

Fuse constantly blowing

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TXOSXLU 
#1 ·
So today the car just stopped working...(except with the fob in the holder) Narrowed it down to a blown 10a fuse. Problem is, it blew 2 more times when I replaced it.

The odd thing is I havent modded anything in more than 2 years.....I changed to all LED lights on the interior and also installed a folding mirror module. But everything's been working perfect for years....

SO I found the blown fuse...put in another one, and it blew....I put in another one and it blew again....Thought maybe it was the mirror module...So I took that out and the fuse blew again!

After some google fu, i see it may be a bad LED light....Would that happen after 2 years?

I didnt get a chance to remove the LEDs and test as it was getting dark out.

Anyone run into this problem before?

Also, can I pop out all the LEDs and then put a fuse in and test it without any lights...? Im not sure where the old ones are after all this time...

Thanks for the help

See less See more
#2 ·
it would help to know what fuse you are looking at, but if you are sure it is one of your LEDs than yes you can just remove all of them, replace the fuse (and double check that it isn't blown) and then just start plugging the LEDs back in one at a time and checking the fuse each time to find the one that is bad.

#4 ·
It was an LED....the passenger vanity led was loose in its housing. I removed it, put in a new fuse and all was good in the world again.

I use the passenger sunscreen to secure a windshield screen....must of banged it loose opening and closing it...

Thanks for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.