Bye bye Optima...hello Mazda 6
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bye bye Optima...hello Mazda 6

Riding Lawn Mower

Bye bye Optima...hello Mazda 6

I purchased a 2013 optima last year and I loved the look and options, but I got tired of the steering and poor suspension damping. I've taken it to the dealership multiple times and they have improved it with a recalibration, but it still wanders on the highway and it is painful to drive for any length of trip. I test drove the new Mazda 6 and it's the only mid size sedan that has the look of the Optima. It's also the only one that is sport oriented like the optima. It solves all my issues...steering is spot on with absolutely no wander. And it's properly damped...Mazda's new transmission is awesome and the gas mileage so far is about 5 mpg better than my Optima. Slightly more road noise from the tires, but I'm guessing because it has Dunlop sp5000 sport tires. So I'm signing off for now...the last thing I'll say about the kia is that it held it's value surprisingly well...considering that you can buy a new base ex for $21500, the fact the dealer gave me $20k trade-in is remarkable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    very nice car the mazda 6 good choice and sorry you had bad experience with your optima...

Year
    Trim
    SX 2.0T
    Sorry you had to go that route and wish you all the best with your Mazda6.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Riding Lawn Mower
    Intresting as i primarily drive a 2010 Mazda CX7 and my wife, our 2013 Optima SXL. I really like both vehicles for diffrent reasons and I get what the O.P. is saying about the ride and steering on the Optima but its never really bothered me enough even on long trips to consider trading the Optima. Its actually our second one replacing our new 2011 LX which was involved in a collision when it was only 24 hours old, repaired and kept for another 18 months. The Mazda 6 is also a very nice vehicle I sure you will be happy with it.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Another one it's sad but makes me happy that others can't stand the problems either! Lol

OptimaForums Veteran NewKiaSXOwner's Avatar
    GL with the Mazda .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Link to Mods. NewKiaSxOwner's Garage

OptimaForums Veteran NOVATexanSXL's Avatar
    As much as I love Mazda, the new 6, and their "zoom zoom" mentality, I just don't know if I could be happier w/ about 100 less HP. I can get around 38 mpg (Mazda6's claim on HWY) in my SX-L on the HWY if I don't led foot it and actually do the speed limit. LOL The steering is a bit loose for my preference on my Optima, but I can live with it.

Hope the 6 treats ya well!
    2014 -- Optima SX-T -- Satin Metal w/ Premium & Tech Packages
    Mods: LED Fog lights, K5 Badge, 19" Bremmer Kraft BR-05 wheels with 255/40/19's Hankook V12's
    2013 -- Hyundai Veloster Turbo -- Ultra Black w/ Ultimate Package
    2013 -- Yamaha FJR1300A -- Silver w/ ABS and all the bells & whistles ;-)
    2011 -- Ducati Monster 796 -- Satin Black w/ ABS (sold and missed on the backroad twisties for sure!)

I traded my 2011 mazda 3 for a 2013 SX and I could not be any happier. My mazda was the biggest piece of junk with one problem after another and no help from the dealership. I don't see any issues with the steering or road noise that people talk about.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Riding Lawn Mower
    Thanks for the kind words. I think that every manufacturer has a few lemons. My car did not have the turbo, so I can't comment on having less hp...with the new tranny I think it's actually faster than my optima even though it's 11hp less. All new Mazda6's are built in Japan so I expect the quality is up a notch from when they were married to Ford and built here. The steering wander issue Is so common that there is a lemon lawyer in California with a website dedicated to lawsuits about it. Google "kia optima steering issue* and you will see the website. I do not doubt that there are lots of Optima's without the wander, but mine was not one of them.

Lube Jockey
    I loved driving my 2010 Mazda 3, handled so well in my opinion. It was fully loaded, but it didn't have half the features my Optima has - maybe that's changed? Either way, enjoy the 6!

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast