Kia Optima Forums banner

► G4Z808's Showroom

25K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  G4z808 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, welcome to my showroom/ Projector build thread

Please see posts #2,3 for my projectors,

Here is Alfred (wife named it , short for Alfredo)

(note i am bad with photos, so please don't mind)
All photos taken with my phone

First mod, 60% VLT taillight tint, all LED interior lights, blue dome light leds

Then comes 3.0 K badges and HID fog lights (H11B bulb)

8000K D1S bulbs to match my 8000k fogs

Experimental LED lighting :

SRT4 Blow off plate & Fabworx Short Ram Intake

Plastidipped black grille and trunk lip

Duplicolor red calipers

Door LED mod

3M Scotchprint Carbon Fiber

Door welcome light mod
http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/7...ions/12904-different-kinda-puddle-lights.html

See less See more
1 17
#3 · (Edited)
Stock HID projectors with STI-R clear lens swap

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Quad Halos

LED cup holders

LED rear turnsignal mod :D (note: not the same as k5optimastore mod)

bottom connections:

Top connection:

Quad LED reverse lights
i have the regular LED T-10 reverse lights, along with V-3 Triton 1156 reverse bulbs. Very bright, can nicely see everything light up nice when reversing, note these pictures where taken while i had 60% tint on my tail lights, i have since taken off that tint

And then i painted my projector shrouds SWP :D

And Dat Carbon Fiber rear diffuser :D

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks, almost done on my test unit, just waiting for some white vinyl and a hid kit to come in the mail

Looks great!!! Did you separate your headlights yourself? If so have you done it before? If not, how hard would you say it was? Sorry for all the questions.
Yes i opened it myself. have zero experience doing it before.

It was fiarly hard as i cant fit the headlight into my oven so i had to buy a electric heat-gun from lowes

Takes quite a long time going around the unit trying to heat up the glue and prying, and since this was a test unit it got scratched up quite a bit as i wasnt taking care of it.

I was also rushing as i was excited so i think it would have been easier if i took more time heating up the glue.

Took me a couple hours a 3rd degree burn and a couple blisters before getting it open

#13 · (Edited)
Idk about a DIY. Most people are reluctant to open their headlights

I will take more photos of the steps I go through when I do the passenger side.

At the moment I don't have the angel eye or the second projector running till I can get the other side done . I got it wired up so all 4 projectors come on together. And the high beam signal activates the bi-xenon solenoid

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#14 ·
But it would be a good reference for those who may and wanted that information. I would actually like to do this but only if I can find a spare headlight set. I just don't have time to take my headlights off and do a project that would take some time to complete. I do like the halo thing though.

#16 ·
I was originally planning to take off both stock headlights and get the project done in a weekend. But then i looked on Ebay and was able to find a used drivers side unit for cheap. the housing was cracked on the unit , but still served its purpose.

i used that ebay unit to practice opening the headlights and used it to figure out how i was going to mount the projectors, i took my time with it, and after getting all the cutting done till i was satisfied, i took my stock headlights and basically swapped some internals, so it only took a nights work.

now that i know what i had to do with the drivers side. when i open up my passenger side i can get straight to work on cutting, and that should only take me a day

If you want to try doing some headlight mods. Instead of buying a new set of lights to work on, then swap them, it would be cheaper just to get a used ,somewhat broken unit to test on so you can do your stock lights with ease.

Hopefully i can get to my passenger side units this weekend, i will be sure to take a lot of pictures and get a DIY going

Also if you plan on getting halo rings i would recommend buying a pair or 2 this friday from the retrofit source. Hopefully they should be having a black friday sale. the rings are normally $58 a pair i think, and you will need 80MM rings. But beware that white rings will be yellow in color when off, but white when on. So it will be viably yellow when off. Or you could get the amber rings which are white when off, and amber looks pretty cool also

#23 ·
I love your headlight set up. Looks super clean

#30 ·
G4Z808, your experimental lighting under the grill looks amazing.

(Sorry, I don't "know the lingo" for what part that is--not a mod person for the most part, though this forum has me rethinking some things.)
View attachment 18077
Thanks !
heres some more pictures of that lighting (which i am no longer runnign btw)

and these are the kind of leds i used
6K WHITE EXTERIOR WATERPROOF LED STRIP LIGHTS - Exterior - Strip Lights

but the ones i used i got off ebay , and the leds are groups of 3

#31 ·
Heres some more photos of my lights

Osram CBI bulbs are still breaking in , havent gotten to their full color yet. some photos and vid showing the color flicker

And this is why i have my angel eyes set to turn off whenever my headlights are on. they are bright !
this photo is just angel eyes and switchbacks

#32 ·
Dude G those are seriously bright low beams lol. If i was driving the other way, I'd probably be annoyed enough to shoot your headlights out lol. I don't ever wanna be "That Guy." with the spot lights. What K are those?

#33 ·
Lol the point of projectors Jasper, is that the light is aimed at the road, and not at peoples faces, my D1S bulbs are 5000K Osram D1S bulbs and my H1 bulbs are 6000K XB35 bulbs, im waiting for the next gen of XB35 H1 bulbs to come out to get a matching 5000K pair

G4Z, notice the black hotspots I'm talking about on the ground? I have them both on the driver and passenger side.

View attachment 20490 View attachment 20489
those black shadows on the road ? hmm strange im going to check mine for those tonight, did you clean the capsules before putting the bulbs in ? with alchohol wipes ?

#37 ·
Nice showroom! Do u have any more pics of the painted brake calipers? Like full car pics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.