Kia Optima Forums banner

► Truffryderz99va's Showroom

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  truffryderz99va 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been on the forum for a few years but I recently got bit by the car modding bug so I decided I should let my Hybrid represent herself (Yes, its a female......):thumbsup:

I've never done a showroom before so give me a few days to gather all my pics. Go easy on her............

***UPDATE: I'm using the LinkBBC code to upload my pictures. Let me know if I should be using another way to post my post from IMGUR website. I don't really know whats the best setting or option to use.***

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Reserved #2

OEM Exhaust (from 2012 Optima SX) with quad tips from Amazon.

Myride Rear Diffuser with OEM Hybrid rear bumper.

The fit is not 100% flush with the bumper, but it is very very close. The average person would think it came stock with the car, that's how good the fit is. The keen Optima enthusiast may be able to spot the fitment difference. The ebay vendor I bought it from asked for my VIN number (to verify it will fit) so after they told me it was compatible with my hybrid, I said why not give it a try! It saved me from having to buy a SX rear bumper.......:)

And now the finished product....

O Yea, shout-out to ScottMuffman. Imitation is the highest form of flattery (and respect IMO). I absolutely love his car and what he has done to it!

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

For my next post, I can only post teaser since it still a work in progress. And by work in progress I mean, I need to go back to the body shop and have them touch up some of the paint.

Out the box....

Installed, but getting painted...

The finished product did not look as good as I would like so I'm a little embarrassed to show what it looks like now..:$ Updates will come once I get the paint issue squared away...

#3 ·
For my next post, I can only post teaser since it still a work in progress. And by work in progress I mean, I need to go back to the body shop and have them touch up some of the paint.

Out the box....

Installed, but getting painted...

The finished product did not look as good as I would like so I'm a little embarrassed to show what it looks like now..:$ Updates will come once I get the paint issue squared away...

#4 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Noticed that too. Two pictures look correct, and two certainly don't look correct. Hmmmmm
Either way, love how this car is coming along! Gonna give other forum members like Tripple K a run for the money here! LOL

#10 ·
Ok, I figured out why the exhaust tips "look" like they are on the wrong side. So the way the diffuser is shaped it makes it look like the outside exhaust tip is longer than the inside tip. When in actuality they are the same length. It's because the outside tip just happens to be where the diffuser starts to curve inward (following the lines of the bumper) therefore the outside exhaust tip seems longer than the inside one. I took this pic from the ground looking up so u can see the tips are equal in length and were welded correctly.

Triple K's hybrid and his DIY skills/knowledge are on a much higher level than me. I'm just trying to carry my weight. Hybrids don't have to be the silent (non pun intended, lol) Auto part Metal Automotive lighting Muffler Steel
grunts of the Optima world. But thank you for the compliment nonetheless.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Ok makes sense now. Thanks for the picture. **** optical illusions! haha. I do like the rear diffuser white strip touch you did there. That's classy and I hope the side skirts get addressed to your satisfaction as I am quite eager to see how they turn out. I got my own skirt project going on so wish you the best there!

#12 ·
#13 ·
Nice nice very nice :thumbsup: another Hybrid in the Showroom :cool:
Car really looking good brother!! :shocked:

#15 ·
#14 ·
Looks good. I actually like the blue caliper covers. Where'd you get them?

#16 ·
#18 ·
Triple,

No I don't have a sound bite from the exhaust. But I can tell you under full throttle and at idle it sounds the EXACT same. Absolutely no difference at all in sound.

#21 ·
Car looking really good Truffry, all that hard work has paid off but I'm sure you got more on the way :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks Dino! No more major (aka Expensive) mods for a while (Gotta let my bank account recover first, lol). But I do have a few inexpensive mods coming down the pipe......:cool:

VERY nice buddy. Those skirts fit and look amazing. Good choice.
Speaking of good choice, like you picked the Anzo headlights and the wing spoiler. (because got them myself!!) You are definitely turning heads!
Thanks Jason! The Optima is already a sexy car. So the head turning is apparent to all our cars! :cool: I'm just glad the spoiler turned out to be a good bet. It is exactly the look I wanted! Thx to you, that Angel Eye DRL mod cost me very little to implement as well!:thumbsup:

#20 ·
VERY nice buddy. Those skirts fit and look amazing. Good choice.
Speaking of good choice, like you picked the Anzo headlights and the wing spoiler. (because got them myself!!) You are definitely turning heads!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.