Kia Optima Forums banner

Happy to join the OPTIMAFORUMS.com Family

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Julio Kia 
#1 ·
Hello Optima brothers, my name is Mark and was born in the Bronx, NY and live in Raleigh, NC. Christmas came early this year and I just purchased my 2015 Kia Optima SXL Turbo a month ago. Looking forward to meeting many Optima owners like myself. Enter the Optima in two car shows over the past month and won Best in Class (beating out 9 other stock foreign cars) and Top 25 two weeks ago (68 cars entered in show).

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
dover157.....that's a good question brother!! Intended on cutting production costs, shipping expenses and vehicle travel times, nearly all foreign automakers have built US plants in recent years - primarily in the southeast, where unions are less likely to form. Some foreign automakers, including Honda and Toyota, have had US plants since the 1980s. And since Kia's headquarters are located in S. Korea and Honda and Toyota's in Japan....I think we can say there still considered foreign cars.

#6 ·
You have a GREAT point there 14swp!!

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

:welcome: to the forums Mark :hi: goodjob in taking home those awards ;)
Thanks Triple-K!! Going to see if I can go 3 for 3 at an Open Class People's Choice Show hosted by Chevrolet of Goldsboro Eastern Carolina Corvette Club on Nov. 1st!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.