Edmonton or Surrounding Areas!!!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton or Surrounding Areas!!!

Exclamation Edmonton or Surrounding Areas!!!

Any fellow Edmonton (or surrounding area) Optima owners out there looking to do the Rear Bumper LED Light swap? I'm terribly new at modding when it comes to taking off bumpers and such... wouldn't mind getting and giving a helping hand in doing this mod! There's a pretty good DIY within the forums and shouldn't take us more than 3-5 hours per vehicle.

Please respond to this post or PM me! I'm looking forward to getting this mod done. It looks so slick!

Thanks!!!

Edmonton or Surrounding Areas!!!-led-rear.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Lot Attendant
    hey... welcome... nice to see another edmonton person...
    not doing those as I drive a sonata...
    did you hear about SFR coming on monday to do some tuning at First gear. There is another sonata owner going for sure and he's getting tuned.

I'm going, just to check it out. Shoot me a pm in you need anything.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by jasen1 View Post
    hey... welcome... nice to see another edmonton person...
    not doing those as I drive a sonata...
    did you hear about SFR coming on monday to do some tuning at First gear. There is another sonata owner going for sure and he's getting tuned.

I'm going, just to check it out. Shoot me a pm in you need anything.
    Oh no we're losing you to SFR!!! LOL j/k
    ​​

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Lot Attendant
    OOOOOOH no your not... don't worry.

I'm just going to meet another local who is getting sfr tuned on monday. I don't have the money for a tune right now and Jay is only doing canned tunes this time.
    I have enough nameless parts installed to warrant a custom tune.

Finally!! I was starting to think that there was no one in Edmonton that was either a) on this forum b) going to answer this post. I actually got a message from freddy who is also in Edmonton and has an Optima. We were discussing possibly doing mods together to help each other out. Unfortunately, he is out of town on training, but fortunately for me, I have a few buds who are savvy in wiring and electronics so they gave me a hand yesterday installing my rear bumper LED reflectors!! They look absolutely amazing and completely finish off the look of the back of the car. I was also able to install the LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights and rear turn signal LEDs at the same time while everything was apart. Next up, HID conversion kit and front signal LED switchbacks. Should have them in on either Monday or Tuesday evening.

If there's anyone else in Edmonton that needs a hand doing these light mods, feel free to send me a PM. I'd love to help out.

Riding Lawn Mower
    haha nice, I located in Calgary... Rear bumper LED looks sick, I got them a year go.

If we have enough people, we should arrange ALBERTA meeting or something

I agree, Sick.

So far, the population on here from Edmonton is extremely limited when it comes to Optima owners and being members of this forum. Quite sad, actually. I've started seeing a bunch more around the city, even tried to give "the wave/the nod", but people are just looking at me like I'm crazy

Lot Attendant

got me some new to me rims

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    Seeing a lot more Optimas in the Edmonton area lately. Can definitely spot them easily, as they have a distinct look from the front. Saw a smoky blue SX Turbo with the same window tint, and 3M film on the hood that I have on my car. I had to check to make sure it wasn't my car. lol

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX Luxury
    I'm all the way down in Lethbridge. For having a relatively large Kia dealership here, I only see about 4 or 5 of the same Optimas running around town on a regular basis, and all of them are driven by owners who look 50+.

Since purchasing my car in April, I have only seen 2 other dark cherry Optimas on the road. Spotted one in SW Calgary shortly after I bought mine, and saw another in Lethbridge a couple weeks ago. A former co-worker of mine has a beautiful white SX Turbo with white Motegi wheels and tint. It's a sharp looking ride and the only Optima other than mine that I've seen with any mods done to it.

I like driving something a little different. I see Sonatas everywhere. I get lots of complements on the car, especially on the colour. Almost 4 months and 9000km on my Optima so far and I am loving it every day! Even though the Optima reviews well by consumers and journalists alike, I still think it is a very under rated car and deserves to be more popular than it is.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast