spare tire
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: spare tire

spare tire

my 2011 did not come with spare, does anyone know where to get an inexpensive kit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran XxHaimBondxX's Avatar
    Google "spare tire", try craigslist, or e-bay, local tire shops, junk yards, I'm exhausted.
    Cocaine Hybrid Premium

Learner's Permit
    Blog Entries
    My Hybrid comes with an emergency tire puncture repair kit, extremely easy to use and a lot easier then removing/installing the spare tire.

Also you can buy the OEM spare tire kit:

2011 2012 KIA OPTIMA HYBRID SPARE TIRE KIT 16" INCH SPARE WITH JACK TOOL NEW OEM | eBay

Riding Lawn Mower
    This was one of my peeve's about this car! Yes, I understand that more and more car manufacturers are trying to cut costs by eliminating the spare tire, but by not even providing a donut spare is a crock of BS in my opinion. I complained to both Kia Motors and to the dealer after I found out too late about the non spare tire issue. (the dealer never showed me the insides of the trunk at delivery). For those who don't mind the tire puncture kit of goop Kia provides you just beware it can ruin your TPS sensors, and if it does get ready to shell out $150 + labor to replace the TPS sensor. Also, when you take the car to have the tire replaced or patched don't forget to let the person know who dis-mounts the tire about the goop that was pumped into the tire to seal the puncture, and is in the tire rolling around. This goop stuff will leak out when the tire is broken down from the wheel, and the mechanic will get it all over their hands. One more point, if the sidewall blows out, that can of goop won't be of much good to you so get ready to call Kia's Road Service 800 number to request a tow to have your tire replaced at a tire shop. I myself prefer to have peace-of-mind so I was lucky to find a donut spare and jack kit at a salvage yard for ~$100 removed from a wrecked Optima. BTW, this is a lot cheaper than what the dealers are currently offering for a spare tire kit @ ~$188 that they started selling in late January after Kia received so many complaints on this subject matter.
    Last edited by optimania; 02-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Learner's Permit
    My car did come with a spare.... Build date. 12/11

Let's say one was to call for Kia's road side service is the tire cost covered since they don't provide one...? or does this just get you a tow?

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    My SX also has a spare, mfg March 2011.
    Link to Car Color Poll
    http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/5-...-your-car.html

Previous cars:
    2002 Grand Prix GTP 3.8 supercharged 240hp
    2006 Grand Prix GXP 5.3 V8 303hp
    2009 G8 GXP 415 hp
    2011 Optima SX Premium Touring & Tech pkgs.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankyape33 View Post
    Let's say one was to call for Kia's road side service is the tire cost covered since they don't provide one...? or does this just get you a tow?
    You only get the tow through Kia's roadside service, and you get towed to the closest dealer or tire store. If the tire is blown out you have to fork out the bucks for a new tire. That's why I was pissed about this policy. Click on this story link and see what happened to this unfortunate lady: Kia Dealership - KIA Optima 2012, no spare tire. On freeway 3.5 waiting for help

Yep, I believe all the SX model's come with a spare it's the EX model's that didn't come with one but rather their air pump and a canister of goop which is unfair!

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Wow that is pretty lame!

11. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements