Potential Optima Hybrid customer
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potential Optima Hybrid customer

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Optima Hybrid/Hybrid plug-in

Potential Optima Hybrid customer

Hello folks.

I am in the process of deciding if the OHS EX with tech package is a car to consider for purchase. I solicit any and all info since you folks have the on-the-ground experience with these cars/corporation.

What are your experiences with Kia in regards to warranty work? Does Kia stand behind their rather generous (in length anyway) warranty when bigger issues arise especially towards the end of warranty?

I ask this question understanding that all brands/automobiles have issues of some sort or another, recalls etc. IMHO it is how the problems are dealt with that matters at the end of the day.

Thanks DA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Welcome to the Optima Hybrid forum. I'm on my 3rd KIA Optima Hybrid and if you are considering the 2017 version, that is actually an excellent choice. I did a write up on the version I purchased, the Hybrid EX with Tech Package. The new power train is great with regard to feeling like a normal car along with providing great economy, ride and handling has improved over any previous Optima Hybrid and the car is much quieter as well. If you haven't yet, take one for a test drive, do an extended drive to get a good feel for the car.

I haven't my cars longer than 3 years but any hiccups I took it in for was handled. Others have had issues later and I can say the consensus seems to be "it depends on the dealer you work with." The dealer is the place you will be dealing with before your issue hits KIA. Some places seem to have an issue if you didn't service with them, some will look at your documentation for the service you or another place performed in addition with the issue and make a determination. Issues I have read about here (hybrid specific) within warranty have been covered and taken cared of by KIA. Peruse the forum to see what has been posted.

Riding Lawn Mower
    Model
    Optima Hybrid/Hybrid plug-in
    Waynerm002. Thanks for the reply and great feed back.

The forum seems to be fairly active with decent posts on several fronts.

Thanks again

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread