Lap3 Uncle Chip on 2.0T
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lap3 Uncle Chip on 2.0T

Year
    Make
    Optima GT
    Model
    Kia Optima GT
    Trim
    Black Leather

Lap3 Uncle Chip on 2.0T

Hey guys,
    I own the Aussie spec 2.0T GT and considering the Lap3 Uncle chip.

I've read a lot about these in 3rd gens and 4th gens with the 1.6T. But I'm just wondering about anyone's experiences with this on the 2.0T engine please.

I already feel the car is pretty responsive and already getting wheel spin off the line. Wondering how big of a difference it'll make on the 2.0T.

Anyone have any experiences, suggestions, recommendations please?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    If you haven't had a chance to read some of the reviews on our site from verified buyers, I would definitely check it out.

With over 105 reviews, you can really get an idea on what others think about the chip/tune.

Just click on the link below, and scroll down to the bottom of the page where the reviews are.

LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store
    ​​

Year
    Make
    Optima GT
    Model
    Kia Optima GT
    Trim
    Black Leather
    Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    If you haven't had a chance to read some of the reviews on our site from verified buyers, I would definitely check it out.

With over 105 reviews, you can really get an idea on what others think about the chip/tune.

Just click on the link below, and scroll down to the bottom of the page where the reviews are.

LAP3 Uncle Chip Performance Tune - K5 Optima Store
    I've actually read many of the reviews. Though, unless mentioned, it's impossible to know what car, let alone what engine the reviewers have.

That's why I was hoping for some first hand feedback and experience from someone in the forum community.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    Do a search. There are plenty of threads on this.

Year
    Make
    Optima GT
    Model
    Kia Optima GT
    Trim
    Black Leather
    Quote Originally Posted by redlantrn View Post
    Do a search. There are plenty of threads on this.
    I did do a search. I found it difficult to find specific information about 2016 models with the 2.0t engine.

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    It wakes up the 2.0T, it should of came that way (tuned power). I had one on my car for a short time. I loved it...just couldn't run it

Model
    2016 Optima SX 2.0T
    I have a 2016 Optima SX Turbo (American)
    The LAP3 chip will absolutely make a difference. It is way more responsive and if you aren't lightfooted with the pedals it will go way faster than you intend. That being said, this chip ABSOLUTELY KILLS GASOLINE. I am not even kidding. So you have to ask yourself are the power gains worth the decreased fuel economy? Yes, the wheels will spin and your optima will be damn fast, but you will also be burning thru way more gas than stock.

Another note. Get the suggested HKS spark plugs and the ADD1 oil catch can. That can absolutely will filter out some nasty stuff from making it back into your engine.

I bought everything from k5optimastore and I highly recommend you check them out.

10. The Following User Says Kudos to Cakefartsanon For This Useful Post:

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by onkytonk View Post
    I've actually read many of the reviews. Though, unless mentioned, it's impossible to know what car, let alone what engine the reviewers have.

That's why I was hoping for some first hand feedback and experience from someone in the forum community.
    Gotcha, makes sense. Although some of the reviewers are mentioning the year and models, the majority of them do not, so I completely understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakefartsanon View Post
    I have a 2016 Optima SX Turbo (American)
    The LAP3 chip will absolutely make a difference. It is way more responsive and if you aren't lightfooted with the pedals it will go way faster than you intend. That being said, this chip ABSOLUTELY KILLS GASOLINE. I am not even kidding. So you have to ask yourself are the power gains worth the decreased fuel economy? Yes, the wheels will spin and your optima will be damn fast, but you will also be burning thru way more gas than stock.

Another note. Get the suggested HKS spark plugs and the ADD1 oil catch can. That can absolutely will filter out some nasty stuff from making it back into your engine.

I bought everything from k5optimastore and I highly recommend you check them out.
    Awesome review of the product, thank you for sharing and for all of your business with us as well!
    ​​

12. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread