Lightning strikes twice
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightning strikes twice

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L

Lightning strikes twice

I was rear-ended in December, and after more than 6 weeks in the shop I got my car back in mid-January. Well, lightning strikes twice it seems. Today I'm sitting at a stoplight and get rear-ended again, this time by a Chevy pickup truck.

Makes me want to cry.

Lightning strikes twice-rear-end-2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Lube Jockey
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_TX View Post
    I was rear-ended in December, and after more than 6 weeks in the shop I got my car back in mid-January. Well, lightning strikes twice it seems. Today I'm sitting at a stoplight and get rear-ended again, this time by a Chevy pickup truck.

Makes me want to cry.

Attachment 220105
    Damn that fucking sucks ass. I think I remember the first time you post about the other time. Glad your okay. Whats going to happen next?

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Very sorry to hear some POS hit you, and above all else I hope you did not sustain any injuries.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SX-T
    Trim
    Premium Touring Package

Makes me want to cry.

Attachment 220105
    Ouch! Sorry man. Did the truck driver have insurance?
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    2012 Optima SX w/Premium Touring Pkg, "Spicy Red" | 60K miles
    Purchased 7/2012, built 3/13/2012 at GA plant.
    Mods: LAP3 UncleBoost ECU tune (Stage 1.5+), HKS M40XL Plugs, Saikou Michi OCCs (PCV&Intake), Injen SRI w/hydro-shield, Nameless MP and CP, Theta2 TBS, CP-E CBE, UR Crank Pulley, Ultra Racing FSTB, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs w/TruHart Struts, Advanti Kudos rims,...
    (See my Showroom for details)

Year
    Make
    Kia Optima
    Model
    2016 Optima SXL
    Trim
    SXL
    Looks like some people have it out for Optima's in Texas....lol

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Thanks for the sympathies, guys. The guy driving the truck was a young college kid, and I suspect he was either texting or otherwise playing with his phone. No way to know for sure, but the way he creamed me at a red light suggests that.

Yes, he has insurance - with Geico - and we've been talking back and forth.

Geico is sending out an adjuster to write up the damages sometime over the next day or two. In the meantime they've arranged for a loaner car. I haven't checked with Enterprise yet, but the claims person told me they'd put me in a "comparable" car to mine. I'll get it later today. And we were planning to go to Phoenix in about 10 days, so I guess I'll be driving their loaner car there.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty beat up this morning. I was looking up at the light when he hit me, so I wasn't braced for the collision. The seatbelt seems to have gotten me under my right arm, and my neck is sore this morning. Probably just minor stuff, but if it continues to bother me I'll go get x-rays.

I HATE having to go through this again, but there's nothing I can do about it.

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima SX-T
    Trim
    Premium Touring Package
    Thanks for the sympathies, guys. The guy driving the truck was a young college kid, and I suspect he was either texting or otherwise playing with his phone. No way to know for sure, but the way he creamed me at a red light suggests that.

Yes, he has insurance - with Geico - and we've been talking back and forth.

Geico is sending out an adjuster to write up the damages sometime over the next day or two. In the meantime they've arranged for a loaner car. I haven't checked with Enterprise yet, but the claims person told me they'd put me in a "comparable" car to mine. I'll get it later today. And we were planning to go to Phoenix in about 10 days, so I guess I'll be driving their loaner car there.

As for me, I'm feeling pretty beat up this morning. I was looking up at the light when he hit me, so I wasn't braced for the collision. The seatbelt seems to have gotten me under my right arm, and my neck is sore this morning. Probably just minor stuff, but if it continues to bother me I'll go get x-rays.

I HATE having to go through this again, but there's nothing I can do about it.
    While I hate ambulance chasing lawyers, I would suggest that you do go get x-ray'd and further checked out and get it on record. If you have issues that creep up a few months down the road, you will want to have recourse to getting the right medical treatments paid for by the other guys insurance.

The car can get fixed and put right again so don't worry about that.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    2012 Optima SX w/Premium Touring Pkg, "Spicy Red" | 60K miles
    Purchased 7/2012, built 3/13/2012 at GA plant.
    Mods: LAP3 UncleBoost ECU tune (Stage 1.5+), HKS M40XL Plugs, Saikou Michi OCCs (PCV&Intake), Injen SRI w/hydro-shield, Nameless MP and CP, Theta2 TBS, CP-E CBE, UR Crank Pulley, Ultra Racing FSTB, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs w/TruHart Struts, Advanti Kudos rims,...
    (See my Showroom for details)

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Man that just sucks, sorry to hear this happened yet again to you. Hope you are ok, and your car is not totaled now.
    ​​

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Quote Originally Posted by williamhood View Post
    While I hate ambulance chasing lawyers, I would suggest that you do go get x-ray'd and further checked out and get it on record. If you have issues that creep up a few months down the road, you will want to have recourse to getting the right medical treatments paid for by the other guys insurance.

The car can get fixed and put right again so don't worry about that.
    Thanks for that. I actually did go get checked out and x-rayed. No broken bones, but evidence of some trauma in the neck and upper back. The doc is reporting it to the insurance company, so a file is being built.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by K5 Optima Store View Post
    Man that just sucks, sorry to hear this happened yet again to you. Hope you are ok, and your car is not totaled now.
    Honestly, I wish they WOULD total it. Two serious rear-enders in 90 days on a car that is only a little over 9 months old spells too many carfax reports. I'll never get out of this car without losing my shorts at this rate.

I doubt they will, but I'm going to push hard for a total.

OptimaForums Veteran XxHaimBondxX's Avatar
    If not total, at least push for diminished value.
    Cocaine Hybrid Premium- 12/2011-12/2014
    Titanium SXL- 12/2014- Present

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast