Lightning strikes twice - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightning strikes twice

Chatterbox
    Year
    Make
    Optima
    Model
    2015 Optima Ex-L
    Trim
    EX Luxury
    should have taken a hammer to an impact sensor. But Williamhood is right get your aches and pains documented. Because got forbid something does creep up you have something to fall back on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX View Post
    If not total, at least push for diminished value.
    The car is leased, so any DV would go to Kia. If I trade the car before the end of the lease, I get stuck with the DV. And I'm probably going to be trading (for another Optima in all likelihood).

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Welp, just short of 6 weeks later my car is out of the shop. This time, there are multiple (like a dozen) small paint defects I'm going to have to have them fix. Maybe it was the humid weather, or maybe they were just sloppy.

After driving a Nissan Altima for a month and a half (and putting 4500 miles on it ), it's like I have a new car again. The SX-L just runs SO much better than the Altima. Man I love turbos!

But ... I'm most likely going to be trading the car soon. Being wrecked twice doesn't help the trade-in value, and the longer i wait the worse it's going to be. And since I lease, I can pay a monthly payment on this car or I can pay it on a new one.

And unless something changes, I'll probably go back with another Optima SX-L. There just isn't another car that has the things I want on it at anywhere near the price. I've been looking at everything from Audi A4's to Jaguar XE's, but it's hard to get all the things that I have on my Optima ... brake hold, auto-dimming headlights, bird's eye view camera system, paddle shifters, auto-folding mirrors, pano sunroof, etc., etc., at any price. And with LED headlights on the 2017's (and better wheels), the Optima just comes in first place.

Now, if I can just wrangle a 2-year lease .... lol

5. The Following User Says Kudos to Mike_TX For This Useful Post:

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    i used to really like Nissans.... then Kia and Hyundai started making better cars lol
    HID conversion (4300K), Led bumper reflectors
    LED cup holder
    Sound deadening
    Saiko Michi OCC-S1
    Power folding mirror

OptimaForums Veteran XxHaimBondxX's Avatar
    if you have more than 6 months left on your lease, trading it early will cost you a pretty penny. they'll just roll the remaining payments toward your next lease and essentially, you'll be paying for two cars, but drive one. i'd just wait it out, especially if you're getting the same one. perhaps, 3rd time you total it and walk scott free.
    Cocaine Hybrid Premium- 12/2011-12/2014
    Titanium SXL- 12/2014- Present

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX View Post
    if you have more than 6 months left on your lease, trading it early will cost you a pretty penny. they'll just roll the remaining payments toward your next lease and essentially, you'll be paying for two cars, but drive one. i'd just wait it out, especially if you're getting the same one. perhaps, 3rd time you total it and walk scott free.
    Mmmm ... not quite. I've traded out of my last 7 or 8 leases early. What they do is just appraise your car the same as they would if you financed it. Your lease has a payoff just like a "financed" car, and if your car is worth less than the payoff (which they usually are), you just have to add the shortage to the new lease (or pay it off in cash if you choose).

You are NOT obligated to pay remaining payments on the lease. A lease is just a different way to finance a car, but it has the benefit of a guaranteed buyback, and the payments are usually 30-40% less than buying.

As it turns out, I traded my 2016 SX-L for a 2017 SX-L yesterday, and my lease payment is actually $3 LESS than before! Credit Kia's Summer and Memorial Day incentives for that ... it shaved about 3 grand off the cost.

Lightning strikes twice-2017-optima.jpg
    Last edited by Mike_TX; 05-26-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Black like mine, congrats Mike. Now please let's keep this one out of accidents, unlike your last one.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12