! What is this? - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ! What is this?

Year
    Make
    Chevy
    Model
    SS
    Trim
    Really Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by neemster View Post
    What's it to you? I could afford the next trim. Just chose not to buy it. It's called priorities and cars aren't at the top like you who can't even pay for one. Being in a Kia forum still is pretty damn pathetic.

Haha, whatever you say. You've already shown your ass, putting in a K&N filter because you can't afford real horsepower. One day when you get promoted to frying French fries maybe you can afford what you want out of the box.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-T
    ! What is this?-raw.gif

4. The Following User Says Kudos to bad habit For This Useful Post:

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    How about you guys go find a room and finish up this measuring contest elsewhere?

Print this out and report who the winner is...
    ! What is this?-img-thing.jpg

6. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX
    ^What he said^. These boards really need a "No Class Or Maturity" sub forum.

OptimaForums Veteran XxHaimBondxX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000UZJ View Post
    How about you guys go find a room and finish up this measuring contest elsewhere?

Print this out and report who the winner is...
    Attachment 216121
    Great idea, but what if there is a tie? Then back to meaningless forum beefs.
    Cocaine Hybrid Premium- 12/2011-12/2014
    Titanium SXL- 12/2014- Present

Year
    Make
    Chevy
    Model
    SS
    Trim
    Really Limited
    OK, for you sick mofos, here are the results....

B=========D (Numbnuts "my car is paid off" and I have mud flaps and a K&N filter)

B============D (me, the extra inch or two comes from me driving a V8, at least that's what the dealership told me so I don't care what you mofos say )

In an attempt to restore decorum, I'm not sure why the antagonizer felt compelled to bring my car into the discussion, I'm perfectly happy with my car and really don't care what some online stooge thinks about it.

I still think Kia can do better with the AWD and TTV6. My criticism has nothing to do with what I'm currently driving, but with what other manufacturers are doing with their high end cars. I'm not saying they need to wind this thing up tighter than a mudflap driving basement living mamma's boy, I'm saying they need to push the envelope. If you look at what Apple did when they brought the iPhone to market, they took chances, they went blindly into it. And now they're one of the biggest mobile phone companies. Sure phones and cars are not the same, but the same mindset can determine this car's success. I can't imagine Kia converting many shoppers if the car comes in the way the Tiburon or the Genesis did. They need to have something to excite the casual shopper, unless this car is meant just to excite those that are already familiar with Kia.

10. The Following User Says Kudos to TXOSXLU For This Useful Post:

Learner's Permit
    Link to Kia Stinger info on Motor Trend
    Kia Stinger GT First Look - Motor Trend

Learner's Permit
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Quote Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX View Post
    Great idea, but what if there is a tie? Then back to meaningless forum beefs.
    I'm sure there is a micrometer somewhere around here...it all comes down to the tip...just the tip...

On a different note...

I am going to be leasing a GT-TT when they are available.

OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    I believe this car is pushing the envelope for KIA. They designed it to compete with the German brands on equal footing and some of the press that have driven it have given it good praise so far. They will still be tweaking it until it launches to the car buying public. Maybe later they will go after Godzilla.

Year
    Make
    Chevy
    Model
    SS
    Trim
    Really Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynerm002 View Post
    I believe this car is pushing the envelope for KIA. They designed it to compete with the German brands on equal footing and some of the press that have driven it have given it good praise so far. They will still be tweaking it until it launches to the car buying public. Maybe later they will go after Godzilla.

I still think 5 second 0-60 times is a little conservative for an AWD TT V6. There are single turbo 4 cylinders that are close to the same ratings for this V6. Granted those things practically breathe fire. I think Ford's new Continental V6 turbo is rated at about 400 HP. If Kia can get this thing to 0-60 times closer to 4-flat, and build up the suspension, make it something that can combine the joys of a drag strip queen and a canyon road carver, then I can see car snobs taking Kia seriously. For now, I can see Kia only playing to anyone that visits this forum or has a Kia minivan and just came into a lot of money. I personally think the car has potential, but I'm looking at it from an unbiased purchaser's perspective.

15. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345