! What is this? - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum – General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ! What is this?

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    Quote Originally Posted by bad habit View Post
    But that's what I like. It has the familiar Optima lines with more aggressive styling. I thing is looks dope. Only not liking the door vents. Other than that it's awesome. Wondering what pricing will look like, probably 65ish?
    I bet it'll be under 50k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Driver's License
    Year
    Model
    Optima SWP
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by bad habit View Post
    But that's what I like. It has the familiar Optima lines with more aggressive styling. I thing is looks dope. Only not liking the door vents. Other than that it's awesome. Wondering what pricing will look like, probably 65ish?
    Articles are saying pricing between the Optima and Cadenza for the base Stinger so ~$40K. I wouldn't think the top trim would be that high at $65K.
    Premium & Technology Packages
    LED Taillights
    LED Bumper Lights
    K&N Drop-in filter
    Mud guards
    50 W CREE LED Reverse Lights
    K5 Trunk Emblem

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_TX View Post
    Well ... I'm a little less than awed. The engine, yes, but doesn't it look pretty much like an Optima with an Audi rear end?

Attachment 215841
    Yeah, honestly I'd have to agree. I think it looks great and everything, don't get me wrong. I just was kind of hoping for something a little bit more aggressive in terms of styling. I would have loved to see a koup made in the rear wheel drive or all-wheel drive TwinTurbo option.

I'm going to guess that this is going to come out around $50,000 or so. At least for the higher performance model that's coming out first.
    ​​

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Based on all the car it competes with, it might be at $50K. They could do $47k and at that price it would undercut all the others and and if the handling is as good as they say, they should have a lot of takers with room to do a hard core monster like an RS4, M4, etc. and really take things to higher for KIA.

Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    SX-L
    The uncomfortable truth is that it is still a Kia, and it's gonna have a helluva time convincing people it's worth looking at, much less plunking down big dollars for. So they're going to have to make it attractive price-wise or it's going to flop, and they can't afford for that to happen. Too much on the line, both dollar-wise and reputation-wise.

OptimaForums Veteran Waynerm002's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    Hybrid
    Ive got a few folks to check out my Optima which got them into a KIA. Its so true that folks are still thinking its the same from years back but when they see the Optima on the road it's one of the best looking European car they have ever seen until they get a chance to notice the badge and then the shock set in. They eventually get over it though once they see all you get for the price. Now, with this car having the looks and performance to back it up, I think once folks drive it, they will be hooked.

Year
    Make
    Chevy
    Model
    SS
    Trim
    Really Limited
    I saw a YouTube video of this yesterday, the sad part is that a Ford Focus RS will best it around a track and in a drag race. Sure you're still driving a Focus, but that's the worst part about losing to one, which this car will in objective performance tests. I think that twin turbo V6 must be really detuned, which would be great "run this tune with 91 octane and get over 400 HP". Kia hit a triple, but a home run, would've been nicer if they expect to sell these for near $50k.
    Last edited by TXOSXLU; 01-10-2017 at 09:05 AM.

OptimaForums Veteran
    Year
    Make
    Kia
    Model
    Optima
    Trim
    EX
    Why not keep the discussion in the proper thread since the Stinger is NOT a 4th Gen Optima? Maybe the mods can merge these threads.

The GT cometh!!!
    2015 SWP/Black EX Premium with 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    255/40R19 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position.
    Gone at 92k - 2013 SWP/Gray EX Premium with Megan EZ Street coilovers, 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    235/40-19 Michelin Primacy MXM4.
    Gone at 68k - 2011 SWP/Gray EX Premium with Eibach springs, 19x8.5" ET40 Advanti B1 Lupo wheels and
    225/40-19 Toyo Proxes 4 Plus tires.

Driver's License
    Year
    Model
    Optima SWP
    Trim
    EX
    Quote Originally Posted by TXOSXLU View Post
    I saw a YouTube video of this yesterday, the sad part is that a Ford Focus RS will best it around a track and in a drag race. Sure you're still driving a Focus, but that's the worst part about losing to one, which this car will in objective performance tests. I think that twin turbo V6 must be really detuned, which would be great "run this tune with 91 octane and get over 400 HP". Kia hit a triple, but a home run, would've been nicer if they expect to sell these for near $50k.
    It's a GT. It's not made to be the fastest nor quickest. And they're probably keeping it de-tuned to leave room for the performance version later on down the road. You hit a double with that SS. Isn't it getting the ax next year?
    Premium & Technology Packages
    LED Taillights
    LED Bumper Lights
    K&N Drop-in filter
    Mud guards
    50 W CREE LED Reverse Lights
    K5 Trunk Emblem

Year
    Make
    Chevy
    Model
    SS
    Trim
    Really Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by neemster View Post
    It's a GT. It's not made to be the fastest nor quickest. And they're probably keeping it de-tuned to leave room for the performance version later on down the road. You hit a double with that SS. Isn't it getting the ax next year?

Your post reeks of jealousy, but sure I'll go there. The SS is a better touring car by the numbers. Styling is subjective and I have no problems with the SS's bland styling. I don't think GM built the SS in an attempt to assert themselves in the market, they have the Corvette, and a lot of hot blooded caddies that showcase their engineering. This is Kia's attempt to showcase their engineering, they should be swinging for the fences. I'm not sure why you felt that you needed to mention my SS, but I bet the Stinger would benefit from a few comparisons to the SS.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast