Kia Optima Forums banner

2016 Optima SXL "Hidden feature's"

23K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Mike_TX 
#1 ·
What are some hidden features you all have found??

I discovered the other day that if you leave the mirror adjustment to either the left or the right side (rather than the middle) when you shift to reverse the side mirrors tilt down on both sides!

#4 ·
2016 SXt here I also have that feature. It's really great for getting close to the curb if you park on the street ever. Also if you have the air on high and make a call on Bluetooth via the car the air somehow lowers itself. Tap the signal left or right instead of fully depressing it to switch lanes it'll blink 5 times or 7 whichever you choose. Rear trunk opens as long as you have key in your pocket.

#16 ·
I think someone touched on this, but I've always thought the 3 blinks you get when you do a half-press of the turn signal were not enough ... by the time you start to actually change lanes, the blinks are finished, and anyone in the next lane behind you thinks you're just drifting over. The ability to change that to 5 or even 7 blinks is incredible and long overdue. It should be in every car. Thank you, Kia!

#19 ·
I wasn't 100% happy with the detail on the Nav display, but after fiddling with the menus I found out there are two settings for the display - one that emphasizes the background and one that emphasizes the streets. Now it's easier for me to make out the streets at different zoom levels. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mojo
#25 · (Edited)
The trunk thing is on purpose. If you accidentally pop the trunk by pressure against the fob in your pocket (and who hasn't done that?), and your trunk is wide open, 1.) It's more obvious to thieves since it's gaping open and screaming "Come rob me!", and 2.) If it happens to be raining, the stuff in your trunk gets wet before you discover it's open.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who complain about those cars that have trunks that automatically open all the way!

#28 ·
I thought my trunk button was malfunctioning. My 2016 SXL is about 2 weeks old and I noticed that, even without the key on my person, the trunk button (at the back of the car) will open the trunk. However, the button on the trunk lid DIDN'T open the trunk if the car was locked. Not what I expected, but I think I like it. I like the idea of the GPS asking if I want to know where the nearest gas station is once the low fuel light comes on. I'm still on the first tank of gas the dealer put in for me. :) That's pretty "out-of-the-box" there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.