Passenger Seat Riser Kit for the Optima/Sonata/Cadenza - K5 Optima Store

Vendor 
46K views 73 replies 35 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 ·

Introducing to the forum:

The Passenger Seat Riser Kit

(BUY NOW)

Description:
Eliminate the frustrations of poor visibility and discomfort caused by the low position of the passenger
seat in your Kia Optima, Sonata, Forte, or Cadenza.
(Also available for many other Kia & Hyundai vehicles)
Our quick and easy to install kit raises the seat approximately 1-1/2 inches,
significantly improving comfort and visibility while maintaining all seat adjustment functionality for both power and manual seats.

Included in the kit:
(2) Front Seat Risers
(2) Front Riser Bolts & Washers
(2) Rear Seat Risers
(2) Rear Riser Bolts & Washers
Installation Instructions
(View Installation PDF here)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

See less See more
1 5
#5 ·
Awesome David! Great, simple solution for those that don't like low on the passenger side!
Thanks guys, this is already turning out to be a great seller. This is definitely the answer to the low seat issue for sure.

the old man kit to soothe those arthritis stricken bones :lulz:
LOL this just raises the seat up so it's not as low. ;)

#6 ·
I ordered these from David; out of stock when I placed the order but I received them after about a week, including shipping from California to Toronto.
I gave up working on my own car many years ago, when I realized I had no aptitude for it at all. Still, my son and I installed the risers in about half an hour. it is a bit fiddly to get the bolts at the right angle so they don't cross thread. Instructions were quite clear, even if the photocopied pictures were not.
No concerns at all about the quality and security of the kit and my wife is much happier. We're planning a long road trip this summer and this is going to make things pleasanter for both of us.
Cheers David!

#7 ·
Thank you very much for your order Joe. I appreciate your business and I'm happy to hear that you and your wife are enjoying this new product. Be sure to let me know if there's anything at all that you ever need for your Optima in the future. We'll be sure to get you taken care of.

#12 · (Edited)
Just ordered those from David, it's a must add on for every Optima. Thanks for all the support David; can't wait to have them installed
Thank you for your order sir.

I wondered the reasoning for these risers when i first seen them, once I let my cousin drive my Optima (because he is a Dodge diesel truck guy and is always domestic vehicles only) and I was sitting in the passenger seat I see why they are needed. I am 5'9 and felt like I could not see past the hood. This will be one of the next items I order for my Optima.
Yep exactly, most people don't know until they get into the passenger seat, only to find out you cannot raise it at all.

#9 ·
Anyone have any tips on installing these?

Thanks,

J

#11 ·
I wondered the reasoning for these risers when i first seen them, once I let my cousin drive my Optima (because he is a Dodge diesel truck guy and is always domestic vehicles only) and I was sitting in the passenger seat I see why they are needed. I am 5'9 and felt like I could not see past the hood. This will be one of the next items I order for my Optima.

#14 ·
Was looking to add these but am having second thoughts. For something designed for this specific car there sure seems to be trouble with the bolt alignment. When the designer stated "not to be afraid of using some force to line up the bolts and to use a screwdriver or something to pull the rails and hole into alignment" it suggests that maybe there should be some redesigning of the product.

#15 · (Edited)
Chuck I can assure you of this, since we started selling these kits less than 2 months ago, we've sold a little over 40 sets. Out of the 40-45 customers we've sold to, about 3 or 4 of them have had some difficulty installing the kits. Out of the 3 or 4 of them, there is currently only one customer that has yet to get it installed. I do not believe there is any fitment issues, or issues with the product.

With custom products like this, there is always going to be some customers that may have difficulties with the installation. This is not something to have second thoughts about. Many members will buy our custom products, and attempt to install them themselves. Some have issues and many do not. Everyone comes from differnt walks of life, and some are more mechanically inclined than others.

It reminds me of my Auto Folding Mirror Module. I've had at least 20-30 customers over the past 2 years contact me and say they've tried everything to remove the door panel, but it's just not coming off. Even though I tell them they just need to pull really hard really fast and it will come off. Many customers are afraid of damaging something or breaking their new car. However 95% of the time they just do it and have no issues. This is a similar situation I believe.

If you or any other member order the product, and have issues installing it, we are happy to offer a full refund less the shipping costs, if you send it back to us.

#25 ·
Got the risers installed this morning. Took about 45 minutes, but mainly due to wanting to be very careful w/my baby :D . The main tip I have is that the bolt holes are at kind of odd angles in the front & rear so definitely took some fiddling to get them started and on the rear hubby did have to get a little rough with them, but all in all a GREAT mod and the 1.5" is perfect rise. I highly recommend the product and the K5 Optima Store. Thanks!:thumbsup:

#27 ·
Received the seat riser kit on Thursday. Installed them today. Took about an hour. Not a difficult project, although starting the bolts is a little tricky. I took the front bolts out completely and threaded a new bolt part way in just to see how much of an angle the bolts would need to be at, then continued as per the instructions. Had the wife sit in the back seat and help tilt the front seat. I also turned the rear risers so that the solid side faced the back seat. Worked out nicely. Overall, it was a nice mod with great results. Thanks K5 store for an awesome product.

Youtube Video here:
Thank you both very much for your order and even more so for coming back and commenting about the installation and leaving feedback on your experience. This kit is a custom kit and does require a little bit of work to get installed. However we have now sold over 50 of these kits and cannot thank all of you enough for the feedback and support on this product.

#32 ·
Installed the riser the other day and it's the perfect height. My wife said "why wasn't it just built like this?". The install was easy after putting some muscle into it. Two people would make it a piece of cake. Took me 15 min once I got all the tools in place. Awesome product and awesome company!

#39 ·
David,

I used the shorter bolts on the front bracket (10mm-1.25x60) and ran out of thread before I could get it tightened down completely. I went to NAPA and purchased bolts that were shorter (10mm-1.25x50) and went the complete length of the bolt to correct the issue. It wasn't too terrible but the alignment of those front bolts is indeed trickier than the back. All 4 of my bolts were black with the back bolts being longer (10mm-1.25x75) than the front bolts. Wife is happy now.

Dennis

#40 · (Edited)
Hi Dennis,

I am not sure why you had difficulties with the installation with the provided bolts. There is no need to order new bolts as the ones that come with the kit are more than sufficient to install this product. Everyone has a different level of installation experience and we have found that the installation of this kit is easier for some, and more challenging for others. I am happy in the end that you were able to get the kit installed and that the wife is now happy.