No Radio, No UVO, No Bluetooth, No Camera, Black Screen...
NEWS

1. Welcome to Kia Optima Forum General discussion forum for Kia Optima

Welcome to Kia Optima Forum - a website dedicated to all things Kia Optima.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Kia Optima Forum today!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Radio, No UVO, No Bluetooth, No Camera, Black Screen...

No Radio, No UVO, No Bluetooth, No Camera, Black Screen...

I started my 2012 Optima EX this morning and started to back out of the driveway.

The rear camera usually displays, but all I see is a black screen. I tried the radio, and it doesn't come on either. No UVO or Bluetooth.

Could I have blown a fuse somewhere? Where is the fusebox located?

Any other thoughts? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

Shuttle Driver
    Drivers left knee area. There are a couple spares there too. Read the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lower View Post
    Drivers left knee area. There are a couple spares there too. Read the chart.
    Thanks...

In addition to the normal described fuses, it looks like a number of them are named Module 1, Module2, Module 3... etc.

From that "Module grouping" there may be a fuse which controls the Radio, UVO, Bluetooth, and the display screen and rearview camera.

It wouldn't likely be multiple fuses blowing at the same time, just one... (IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM.)

5. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

There is a yellow carriage that holds the radio and something fuses. I pulled mine momentarily and pushed back in and it started working again..

Had iphone plugged into usb port. started car, UVO Infinity Radio crashed & died. I pulled the radio fuse and it rebooted. Next day I was copying files from usb media to jukebox - middle of copying, radio crashed and rebooted (without fuse reset)

Quote Originally Posted by OptimaSX-T-GDI View Post
    There is a yellow carriage that holds the radio and something fuses. I pulled mine momentarily and pushed back in and it started working again..

Had iphone plugged into usb port. started car, UVO Infinity Radio crashed & died. I pulled the radio fuse and it rebooted. Next day I was copying files from usb media to jukebox - middle of copying, radio crashed and rebooted (without fuse reset)
    Very interesting... will need to check it out.

Your K5 Optima Vendor K5 Optima Store's Avatar
    Year
    Make
    KIA
    Model
    KIA K900
    Trim
    VIP Package
    Never have had any issues as you described with my UVO. Good luck with it, please keep us posted on what the issue is!
    ​​

i am having the same issue with my 2012 optima EX. this afternoon, i went out to head to work, and my screen/uvo never turned on. it just stayed black. pushing the power knob didn't do anything, nor did restarting the car. I thought maybe that because we had such an unusually hot day of about 92 degrees (which im sure the internal temp within the car cabin was much higher), the screen was just bugging out. however, when i came out of work at 11pm, when the temperature was down, it still would not turn on... i will check the fuses tomorrow when its light out.

I took the car to the dealer and one of the main fuses had apparently slightly dislodged from its holder. So, an easy fix...

I had my fiance look at my fuses per the suggestions ive seen online, as I am not too car inclined. He pulled out the yellow plastic fuse cartridge thing, checked all the rest --- none were blown. He put the stuff back together, and turned the car on --- screen was back! So like Cameron12x said, it must have just been something dislodged and no longer making a good connection.

Interestingly enough, my UVO now boots up faster than ever before.... must have done it some good to do a hard reset of some sort, similar to restarting one's phone or PC once in awhile. Glad it was an easy remedy.

Riding Lawn Mower
    My radio freaked out twice over the past few weeks, channels were all messed up; yesterday it would not work at all. Thanks so much for the tips about the yellow fuse reset; pulled the fuse out and waited a minute, put it back in and the radio now works again!!!! Joe

13. Remove Advertisements
    Optima Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast