Kia Optima Forums banner

LED Door Catch Plate Install

13K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  JasonS 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
I wanted to get these as well but no instructions stopped me..

#12 ·
Oh wow, two years. I wonder if it matters which eBay vendor I purchase them through. I'd like to get them for sure. Thanks for the response. And its awesome that you are in Chicago, Im not to far. haha

#20 ·
They cover up that screw though, I would be concerned about doing any other mods, because you can no longer get to that without taking that off/ruining the tape.

I think they are a nice touch though, and these have instructions on the ebay page:
2011 Kia Optima K5 Inside LED Door Catch Plate 4P New Style Interior Tuning | eBay

I don't know if I would have them always on or what, I wish I knew more about wiring - I would maybe have them on full in the day then very dim when the lights come on.

#21 ·
I don't know if I would have them always on or what, I wish I knew more about wiring - I would maybe have them on full in the day then very dim when the lights come on.
That would be a nice touch. I have no clue how to make that happen but I'm sure there's plenty of people who do. Maybe someone will tell us. I wonder if it something you would have to manually adjust every time it got dark or what.

#23 ·
Well I did end up getting these, the front are installed and look great. I'll get some pictures later.

I don't know which are pos/neg in the rear so I haven't hooked them up yet. I was hoping someone could help me out, the only connection in the back doors are the window control. Scott do you remember which color wires you hooked them up to?

#25 ·
I have them installed and the front and rear come on when i turn on my lights only. No I dont know which wires i connected them too but if someone really needs to know just give me a holla. All i did was go through each pin and find the hot that runs with the lights and double checked by turning lights off after finding pin. Again holla if ya want any help. 307-287-3383 Mike

#31 ·
Any close up pics? I'm super anal so would like to see the fit and finish.

#35 ·
Yep. Use a multi meter to check if you are unsure of yourself. Its thin so be careful you don't cut it when you strip the wire. And yes, black is ground. Wire it this way and the catch plates illuminate when your headlights come on. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.