Kia Optima Forums banner

USB port?

Tags
port usb
10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  llxxDashkingxxll 
#1 ·
This problem just popped up a couple says ago. My USB port will not pick up anything? I didn't see an individual fuse to check on the fuse box diagram. I've used a couple different IPods in the past with no problems at all. I've had my phone connected to it as well as a GPS unit. Nothing at all comes up? The Aux port is fine. I have the UVO head without nav. It is a 2013 Optima LX. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
My 2013 only has 1 USB port. Right under the radio beside the AUX port. It won't pick anything up. Phone, IPod (2 different ones) or the GPS unit I have. I've tried 3 different cords. The lighters and the AUX port work fine. I've even tried prying the small "catches" down within the unit itself. I've never heard of a USB outlet going bad in anything, including desk top or laptop. When I 1st plugged anything into it, it would pick it right up, of find it as they say. Now it's just like nothing at all is plugged in.

---------- Post added 05-23-2017 at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-22-2017 at 09:03 PM ----------

Any idea which fuse would control the USB port? You'd think it was a 7.5 since most USB ports are low amperage. Nothing in the wiring diagram or owners manual shows USB.

#4 ·
Nobody has an answer for this, it seems. Im thinking of pulling that center piece out to figure what the problem is, same issue happened to my car but it was already broken, bought the car used 2013 optima sxl. Checked the c/lighter fuse....nope, checked the power outlet fuse (no idea what thats even for unless its the other c/lighter aka 12v plug) my guess is probably a loose or burnt out wire behind the usb plug. Will have to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.